MVF is one of the UK’s leading customer generation companies. We are a rapidly growing business – we topped the Sunday Times Tech Track, and since then grew 278% per annum before tripling in size again. We now employ over 400 staff in the UK and USA, and conduct marketing activities in more than 120 countries.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams.
We have also been recognised as the best place to work in London and number 2 in the UK for the 2018 Sunday Times Best Companies List.
We’re looking for a Frontend developer to join one of our multi-disciplined agile teams and help us build amazing online user experiences.
Day to day you’ll be working on industry-leading products in the areas of publishing, customer acquisition and mass channel marketing automation.
As a technology and data driven business, we recognise the key role outstanding engineers play in helping us achieve our vision.
Besides working on features, you’ll play a key role in helping to define the scope, architecture and implementation details of projects at all levels and have a real impact on the commercial outcomes and ultimate success of each project.
You can expect to be fully involved in the team from the start, including participating in code reviews, planning sessions and daily standups. By the end of your first week you will have made your first code contribution, submitted your first pull request, successfully passed the code review process and put your first changes into production.
- Develop and evolve our existing and new products to support the growth of business
- Produce quality code which meets or exceeds our best practices through good design and testing
- Participate in reviews of colleague’s work to help them achieve high standards of quality and satisfy business acceptance criteria
- Understand the different environments your code will operate in, and utilise existing automated deployment processes to move code through UAT, staging and into production
- Work with other developers to provide input on architectural design and decisions
- Deliver, from concept to support, measurable business value through your engineering effort
- Identify, communicate and act on opportunities for improving systems and processes you are working with
- Investigate, resolve and support colleagues from the wider business when issues arise with our systems
- Be part of an agile team through participating in stand-ups, retrospectives, planning & estimation activities
Our Ideal MVFer:
- Proven experience in testing using any frameworks like Jasmine, Mocha, Jest and Cypress
- Has experience using any build and package management tools like Webpack, Yarn and NPM
- Understands UX and Accessibility best practices
- Comfortable with PHP
- Excellent Wordpress theming skills
- Able to work with Sketch or Photoshop designs to accurately deliver matching templates
- Has an eye for detail in thorough cross-browser testing and code reviews
- Has experience of working in a lean and agile team with a strong focus on continual improvement
- Is commercially astute with demonstrable experience of delivering business impact
- Takes ownership of tasks and drives them through to delivery
- Solicits feedback from others and is eager to find ways to improve
- Leads the way by identifying, sharing and championing engineering best practices
- Is able to work both independently and as part of a strong team, and can focus and deliver fast.
- Wants to be part of our amazing MVF culture
- Experience with Drupal
- Knowledge of Conversion Rate Optimisation and A/B testing
- Understanding of SEO
- Familiarity with building Wordpress Plug-ins
What Success Looks Like:
- From day one, you will commit production-ready and tested changes to the MVF codebase, creating pull requests for your work and having them peer reviewed, before deploying the changes to the live systems.
- You will participate in daily standups, clearly and effectively communicating your ideas and the status of your own tasks to the rest of your team.
- You will assist with the discovery and prioritisation of new work, and take ownership of appropriate tasks, seeing them through to delivery.
- You will create massive business value by understanding what the different areas of MVF do, what the impact of your work will be to each of those areas, and then focusing and delivering quickly.
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and what led us to be ranked the best place to work in London by Sunday Times Best Companies List 2018 (No. 2 in the UK), and why we are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better place to work.
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do, ensuring all of our teams are driving to be world class, constantly innovating and inspiring positivity in their colleagues. We don’t just talk about our values, we live them.
- Drive to be World Class
- Work Smart and Deliver Fast
- Love Innovation
- Help Others Succeed
- Earn Trust
- Inspire Positivity