At MVF, data is at the heart of everything we do. The Data Team is responsible for sifting through the noise and discovering the signals that drive change in the business. We are a cross-functional agile data team of data analysts, engineers and a product manager that works across all areas of the business to enable each team to make smarter, data-informed decisions.
From optimising marketing campaigns for maximum profitability to predicting client lifetime value. We utilise the latest cloud technologies (Looker and Snowflake) for data storage and analysis, work with varied data sources that power our commercial teams and deliver insight through a single source of truth.
As Senior BI Analyst, you will be responsible for defining and monitoring metrics, creating data narratives, and building tools to drive decisions. As a Senior BI analyst you will be expected to coach junior members technically in problem solving and data analysis and work closely with the director and product manager of the Marketing department.
- Translate complex findings and results into a compelling narrative.
- Define and evaluate key metrics and understand what moves them and why.
- Ownership of conceptualizing, developing, and maintaining dashboards and visualisations in Looker.
- Communicate analyses and recommendations to cross functional stakeholders for decision making
- Strategise on making analyses easily repeatable and accessible.
- Oversee and develop the Marketing team’s technical BI Strategy.
- Coach junior BI analysts.
- Integrate new data sets with data ingestion tools (e.g. Stitch, Funnel).
- Exploratory and opportunity analysis and reporting.
- Optimisation alerts and dashboards.
- Support Marketing team to generate forecasts and realistic commercial targets.
- Hold office hours, training sessions and more to evangelise Looker, Google Analytics and data analysis best practices throughout the company.
- Carefully validate and check your data, work and assumptions to ensure you deliver accurate and clear analysis and reports, even when confronted by subtle data complications.
- Provide accurate data, insights and analysis for decision makers and stakeholders to improve our products.
- Develop and maintain dashboards and reports in Looker and other tools to allow team members to monitor performance and user behaviour and identify actions.
- Define tracking needs for analysis purposes.
- Translate business requirements to actionable data tasks (English -> SQL).
- Become a subject matter expert on Looker, both as a development platform and visualization tool.
- Be responsible for maintaining security and data access models within Looker.
What Success Looks Like:
- The business is able to drive actionable insight from its data creating a step change in business performance.
- Key Looker dashboards and alerts are in high usage by Marketing team and drive daily actions.
- Reports and insight drive commercial and marketing strategy.
- Marketing team are trained on Looker and data analysis and apply these practices and tools effectively in their day to day role.
- Forecasts are delivered on time and to a high level of accuracy.
- BI team delivers projects on time, to a high level of quality and in an Agile way.
- 3+ years working on successful business intelligence teams.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to scope, manage and execute a BI project from end-to-end.
- A hunger for solving data problems, and for learning new techniques and skills whilst doing so.
- Numerical and with strong attention to detail.
- Fluency in SQL and Excel.
- Able to communicate in a clear and concise manner and convey technical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
- Experience of data visualisation tools such as Looker and data modelling in LookML.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Google Analytics or other web analytics systems.
- Expertise in digital marketing analytics.
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and that is why we were voted as the best place to work in London and in the top 2 places to work in the Sunday Times Best Companies List 2018. We are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better place to work. As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do, ensuring all of our teams are driving to be world class, constantly innovating and inspiring positivity in their colleagues. We don’t just talk about our values, we live them.
- Drive to be World Class
- Work Smart, Deliver Fast
- Love Innovation
- Help Others Succeed
- Earn Trust
- Inspire Positivity
- £1000 Training Budget per annum
- Unlimited Book Allowance
- Charity Days
- Free food and fruit throughout the day
- Relaxed, informal culture - no dress code
- Hours 9-5 Monday-Friday
- Monthly company-wide lunches
- Gaming and book clubs
- Clubs including Yoga, Board Games, Football, Running, Volleyball, and Cycling
- Corporate gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Family First culture
- Regular social nights out
- Trips to Ibiza for all staff on achieving annual targets