MVF was started in 2009 by five friends with the sole aim of transforming how businesses find new customers. We believe in growth – not just growth for our clients, but growth for MVF and the amazing people that make us who we are. To help accelerate this growth, we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
A bit about the team:
The Publishing team is responsible for all of MVF’s websites, and is tasked with making sure they are all operating to a world class standard in terms of quality and performance.
The Digital Editor role sits within the Vertical brand hubs, where you will set the strategy for your brand and be responsible for achieving commercial targets. We operate a matrix structure, with Content, SEO and PR & Outreach also forming part of the Publishing team.
What will you be doing?
The Digital Editor will have complete ownership of ExpertMarket, one of MVF’s Publishing brand hubs, and be accountable for commercial performance. Working closely with the divisional MDs and Publishing Director to agree business goals and performance targets, the Editor will set the publishing strategy for their website and ensure this is delivered with a view to increasing organic search traffic and revenue. This role will put you in a pioneering position at MVF, as you’ll have influence on how we develop our conversion funnels and monetisation models.
- Own and drive the content strategy for one of (or a small portfolio of) MVF’s brands. Devise a Publishing brand strategy to achieve or exceed business targets across revenue streams.
- Own the GP performance of the site, ensuring that targets are hit, and present regular updates on performance.
- Take ownership of the website and build a roadmap with functional teams (Content, SEO, Outreach, CRO & Tech), outlining initiatives to deliver strategy via key milestones. You will drive momentum on projects, monitoring performance and progress while ensuring that key stakeholders are updated.
- Build a content strategy, and create and commission briefs for new articles, updates and rewrites for the content team to deliver. Submit initiatives and timelines to functional teams (Content, SEO, Outreach, CRO & Tech) to ensure adequate resource allocation.
- Use data from STAT, Google Analytics and keyword research tools to develop the content strategy.
- Work with the Brand and Design teams to create innovative page designs that improve user experience and have a positive impact on the website’s engagement metrics.
- Work with MDs, commercial teams and key clients to build customer success into strategy.
- Obtain deep knowledge of industry trends and market forces.
As the Digital Editor you will have
- Proven content strategy experience, including time in a leadership role
- Experience managing a website and growing organic traffic and revenue, with a track record of developing innovative original content
- A deep understanding of many types of content – product reviews, how to guides, breaking news, features, investigative, trends etc.
- Understanding of how organic search and social media work, and how to monetise these channels
- Worked collaboratively across departments – at MVF, this includes Product & Tech, Data, Sales, Marketing, and Outreach & PR
- The ability to interpret data, audience insights and analytics to inform coverage decisions and meet goals
If you love working with smart, friendly and passionate people, look no further. MVF fosters a culture of learning and innovation where people are the makers of their own future – no micromanagement here!
Check out our Instagram to see what we’ve been up to recently https://www.instagram.com/mvfglobal/