At MVF, data is at the heart of everything we do. The Data Team is responsible for sifting through the noise and discovering the signals that drive change in the business. We are a cross-functional agile data team of data analysts, engineers and a product manager that works across all areas of the business to enable each team to make smarter, data-informed decisions.
From optimising marketing campaigns for maximum profitability to predicting client lifetime value. We utilise the latest cloud technologies (Looker and Snowflake) for data storage and analysis, work with varied data sources that power our commercial teams and deliver insight through a single source of truth.
As a Senior Data Analyst in the Commercial Analytics team you will be responsible for defining and monitoring metrics, creating data narratives, and building tools to drive decisions. You will be expected to lead the technical direction of the team and coach junior members. This role will involve exposure to senior management across the organisation to drive strategy through your analyses.
- Metrics: Define and evaluate key business metrics and understand what moves them and why.
- Data Modelling: design well structured tables that are at the correct grain and structured for widespread use (e.g. using Kimball modeling techniques, tool: dbt).
- Visualisation: use Looker to design actionable and insightful reporting.
- Insight and analysis: Support Marketing team to generate forecasts, realistic commercial targets and opportunity analysis.
- Analytical education: Hold training sessions and more to evangelise Looker, Google Analytics and data analysis best practices throughout the company.
- Software Engineering Mindset: automate tasks and work to deploy production standard code (with unit testing, continuous integration, versioning, clean code, DRY principles etc).
- Business insight: understand complex business processes and break down fuzzy requirements into actionable segments.
- Stakeholder Influence: clearly communicate your work and ultimately provide confidence in order to drive change in a business.
- Coaching and leadership: lead the team’s technical direction and coach junior members of the team in analysis and coding best practices.
What Success Looks Like:
- The business is able to drive actionable insight from its data creating a step change in business performance.
- Key Looker dashboards and alerts are in high usage by Marketing team and drive daily actions.
- Reports and insight drive commercial and marketing strategy.
- Marketing team are trained on Looker and data analysis and apply these practices and tools effectively in their day to day role.
- Forecasts are delivered on time and to a high level of accuracy.
- Expertise in most of the six skill areas listed above.
- Expertise in using modern data tools (e.g. SQL, Python...)
- At least 4 years of data and/or consulting experience
- Numerical and with strong attention to detail.
- Able to communicate in a clear and concise manner and convey technical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
- Experience of data visualisation tools such as Looker and data modelling in LookML.
- Experience in sales analytics (pipeline, retention and churn analysis).
- Strong background in Mathematics or Statistics.
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and that is why we were voted as the best place to work in London and in the top 2 places to work in the Sunday Times Best Companies List 2018. We are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better place to work. As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do, ensuring all of our teams are driving to be world class, constantly innovating and inspiring positivity in their colleagues. We don’t just talk about our values, we live them.
- Drive to be World Class
- Work Smart, Deliver Fast
- Love Innovation
- Help Others Succeed
- Earn Trust
- Inspire Positivity
- Competitive Salary
- £1000 Training Budget per annum
- Unlimited Book Allowance
- Charity Days
- Free food and fruit throughout the day
- Relaxed, informal culture - no dress code
- Hours 9-5 Monday-Friday
- Monthly company-wide lunches
- Gaming and book clubs
- Clubs including Yoga, Board Games, Football, Running, Volleyball, and Cycling
- Corporate gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Family First culture
- Regular social nights out
- Trips to Ibiza for all staff on achieving annual targets