MVF is one of the UK’s leading customer generation companies. We are a rapidly growing business – we topped the Sunday Times Tech Track, and since then grew 278% per annum before tripling in size again. We now employ over 350 staff in the UK and USA, and conduct marketing activities in more than 120 countries.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. We want you to help get us there!
Company culture is very important to us, and that is why we were voted in the top 6 places to work in the Sunday Times Best Companies List 2017, and why we are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better place to work. People join us to change the industry, work with world class talent, develop their careers and become part of our remarkable culture.
MVF’s Technology team vision is to create Industry leading products in the areas of publishing, customer acquisition, mass channel marketing automation, global consumer scale CRM, petabyte sized analytics, call centres and internal processes. We expect much of MVF’s growth to come from great ideas our team members generate, with our collaborative approach accelerating their delivery. We strongly believe it is our team that can deliver this impact.
We are now investing in the development of a world class engineering function at MVF. As our team has scaled we realise the opportunity to install dedicated engineering managers to drive team improvements, ensure team focus and deliver against our plans.
This is key strategic role within Engineering and are looking for highly motivated individuals to help us achieve our vision.
This is a perfect role for an ambitious Engineering Manager looking for an opportunity to build and develop a new engineering management team.
You will be responsible for the management of engineers, whilst training and coaching more senior members of the team to become engineering managers.
You'll be required to help us improve our lean and agile development processes. We are a collaborative team, therefore, you'll need to communicate with Product Owners, Product Managers, Stakeholder and other Developers on development progress. Delivering from concept to support, with measurable business value through your team’s engineering effort.
Our Ideal Engineering Manager:
- Has proven leadership skills as a line manager and coach to at least 5 engineers
- Has very strong coding background with Test Driven Development and continuous deployment
- Has experience of working in a lean and agile team with strong focus on continual improvement
- Is commercially astute
- Has experience working with PHP, MySQL/Postgres databases and AWS infrastructure
- Has experience of building a team; devising job specs, interviewing and selling the company
- Is commercially astute
- May have experience with TDD and continuous deployment
What we can offer:
- Individual training budget to spend on your professional development e.g Conferences and courses
- Unlimited book allowance
- Your choice of hardware
- Sports and culture clubs that include Yoga, Table tennis, Movie, Badminton, Football, Board games, Personal Trainer sessions and more
- Free healthy breakfast that includes a selection of Fruit, Cereals, Tea & Coffees