We are now investing in expanding our engineering function at MVF and you could be the person we are looking for.
We value developers who are enthusiastic and react swiftly. You will contribute code that underpins the business from your very first day. At stand-up you will meet the team, take ownership of your first task and begin to provide your solutions.
You will work together in group code reviews, planning and retrospectives to provide insight into the delivery of current and upcoming team tasks.
What you’ll be doing...
- Joining other engineering colleagues in providing input into architectural decisions and be confident in communicating complex ideas and outcomes to peers and managers.
- Identifying, communicating and acting on opportunities for improving systems you are working on, such as our proprietary CRM and serverless integration tools, and processes you are working with.
- Proactively supporting colleagues from the wider business when issues arise and bringing those issue to a swift resolution.
- Working effectively within our Agile environment, providing accurate estimations, and identifying incremental improvements to our processes.
- Delivering, from concept to support, measurable business value through your engineering effort.
- Helping those less senior understand acceptance criteria and communicating with stakeholders to ensure tasks have appropriate goals before work commences.
- Driving features through the full lifecycle from requirement gathering, planning, development, testing, acceptance and delivery.
- Improving our codebase by writing appropriate unit and functional tests to satisfy business acceptance criteria and helping your colleagues test theirs in the same manner.
Do you want to work with the Smartest Tech and the Sharpest Minds?
What we want from you...
- Experience of software development in a variety of contexts, including PHP and MySQL, with Laravel and/or other similar frameworks.
- Commercial astuteness with demonstrable experience of delivering business impact.
- Experience of working in a Lean and Agile team with solid focus on continual improvement.
- Can explore multiple approaches to solving problems, make well-reasoned design decisions and tradeoffs, and effectively communicate them all.
- Actively solicit feedback from others. Eager to find ways to improve.
- Confidence in identifying, sharing and championing engineering best practices.
- You have been a key member of and enjoy working in high-performing teams yet can work independently.
- Knowledge of TDD and BDD approaches, and experience of how they help teams build brilliant solutions.
- Understanding that developers own quality and ensure others know this.
- You want to be part of our amazing MVF culture!
What we’d like from you (or you’re keen to learn)…
- Any experience you have of AWS, Jenkins, Docker and Chef is a plus.
- Experience of mentoring more junior colleagues, including new starters, and leading others to improve their skills.
MVF’s Technology team vision is to create Industry leading products in the areas of publishing, customer acquisition, mass channel marketing automation, global consumer scale CRM, petabyte sized analytics, call centres and internal processes. We expect much of MVF’s growth to come from great ideas our team members generate, with our collaborative approach accelerating their delivery. We strongly believe it is our team that can deliver this impact.
The Engineering team delivers the unique set of bespoke products which have contributed to MVF being recently recognised as the UK's Fastest Growing Tech Firm. We support all departments throughout the business in delivering their world class services and adding massive value for all our customers.
MVF is a global customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 120 countries. In 2013, MVF topped the Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing tech company in the UK, and this year was also named the business with the 50th fastest growing profits in the UK. This is the fourth year that MVF has also been ranked in the top ten places to work in the UK by the Sunday Times Best Companies list.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. We want you to help get us there! Company culture is very important to us, and that is why we were voted 2nd in the Sunday Times Best Companies List 2018, and why we are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better place to work. People join us to change the industry, work with world class talent, develop their careers and become part of our remarkable culture.
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and that is why we were voted 2nd in the Sunday Times Best Companies List 2018, and why we are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better place to work. As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do, ensuring all of our teams are driving to be world class, constantly innovating and inspiring positivity in their colleagues. We don’t just talk about our values, we live them.
- Drive to be World Class e.g. Strives to learn new software engineering techniques and improve existing skills. Knows how to apply them day to day
- Work Smart, Deliver Fast e.g. Prioritises to deliver value, fast
- Love Innovation e.g. Knows when and where to apply new techniques and technologies
- Help Others Succeed e.g. Mentors and supports other members of the team to learn and improve their productivity
- Earn Trust e.g. communicates progress effectively to team members and stakeholders
- Inspire Positivity e.g. team members (and others in the department) look to you to help them with problems
If you have a true passion for Technology and are driven to learn, develop and become world class through a data centred approach to Development, then please apply.