The People Team are a united team of culture champions driven to accelerate MVF’s growth. We’re committed to inspiring and enabling our people in an environment where their voices are heard and they are proud to work.
The People Team comprises of People Operations, Talent Acquisition, Talent Brand, Talent Development and Office Management.
Reporting to the Head of People Operations, you will be a key member of the People Operations team, delivering world class People strategies and initiatives globally.
We like to do things differently in the People team so you need to be ready to think differently and tackle old challenges in a new way.
This role will have responsibility for a large client group and will lead or contribute to company-wide projects.
- Partnering with commercial client groups which will involve working across all levels, including with Director and C-Suite stakeholders
- Acting as a champion of MVF’s culture by delivering pragmatic commercial advice that does not compromise our culture or aim of delivering an outstanding People Experience.
- Working with stakeholders and People Team colleagues, develop, implement and measure the success of relevant innovative People Plans for the client groups, ensuring there is alignment to the overall People Team Roadmap
- Lead or support employee engagement initiatives within client groups or company-wide
- Support M&A activity, specifically managing the integration of new team members in to your client groups and acting as an ambassador of our culture during any M&A process.
- Working with the Chief People Officer, lead the Talent Management process within your client groups by working with directors to identify top talent and with the L&D Partner to determine solutions that develop MVF’s future leaders.
- Working with your client group and across the People Team, develop, implement and regularly review Career Pathways to ensure that MVFers know what career journey is possible at MVF.
- Facilitate relevant modules of our Management Development Academy.
- Responsible for all employee relations matters for the client group including managing disciplinary/grievance issues.
- Advise on absence issues and case manage any long-term absences in conjunction with our Health and Wellbeing Advisor.
- Coach and train managers to manage performance effectively and to apply commercially viable performance improvement measures where necessary.
People Team Roadmap Projects
- Lead and support key People Team Roadmap projects and priorities for 2019 and beyond
What Success Looks Like:
- Delivery of core People Team projects in line with our Roadmap
- People Plans developed and delivered for client group in line with People Roadmap
- Metrics pointing to successful implementation of initiatives
- Positive internal stakeholder feedback and positive profile with senior management.
- Operates with light touch guidance in a very autonomous way.
Our Ideal MVFer:
- Ideally already CIPD qualified (or close to completing CIPD studies)
- The successful candidate will be an established HR generalist working in a progressive environment, and likely to be already operating at Business Partner or Manager level - if you are looking to progress from Advisor level then we still want to hear from you!
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo and is comfortable taking a new approach.
- Enjoys delivering presentations and is comfortable communicating with groups of all sizes, as well as individuals.
- Must be highly commercial - able to demonstrate experience of successfully developing and delivering innovative People solutions and strategies whilst balancing commercial needs and risk/compliance requirements.
- Strong working knowledge and experience of UK employment law - additional basic knowledge or experience of US employment law will be a major "nice to have"
- Comfortable and experienced at partnering and building relationships at a senior level, including C-suite.
- People skills – including empathy and rapport building, listening skills, coaching ability.
- Analytical skills – able to extract data, identify trends and make recommendations.
- Good systems knowledge including excel and HRMS.
MVF was started in 2009 by 5 friends with the sole aim of transforming how businesses find new customers. We believe in growth - not just growth for our clients, but growth for MVF and the amazing people that make us who we are. To help accelerate this growth, we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and what led us to be placed as Number 1 company to work for in London in the Sunday Times Best Companies List 2018 (No. 2 in the UK), and why we are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better place to work.
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do, ensuring all of our teams are driving to be world class, constantly innovating and inspiring positivity in their colleagues. We don’t just talk about our values, we live them.
- Drives to be World Class
- Work Smart and Deliver Fast
- Love Innovation
- Help Others Succeed
- Earn Trust
- Inspire Positivity