MVF’s rapid organic growth rate is driven by a constant flow of new employees, products and clients. We are accelerating our growth through our US operations and we also look to make acquisitions to compound this expansion.
The Finance team is critical to positively fostering this growth by providing the information needs of the business through a world class team, processes and technology platform. Commensurate with these opportunities, we are seeking a Financial Accountant to take a visible role in supporting MVF’s reporting needs as our business complexity increases.
Use your financial know-how and commercial acumen to make a truly positive impact on our finance team.
You will take a key role in ensuring that high quality financial information is available to the management team and shareholders to support effective decision making. You will deliver regular financial reporting (internal and external), play a primary role in the audit process while also supporting a rolling program of system & process development. You’ll also support with other ad hoc strategic project work. The ideal candidate for this role will be recently ACA qualified and will have already demonstrated a track record of excellence. They will be a high achiever with drive and energy who will work smart and deliver fast. The successful candidate will also have an extremely positive approach, be happy to challenge the status quo and thrive on change.
- Ownership of the general ledger, responsible for maintaining the chart of accounts, ensuring accurate postings, responsibility for month end close including journals
- Deliver high quality consolidated monthly financial reports for the management team and shareholder board, including liaising with business owners for relevant commentary & analysis
- Primary contact point for statutory reporting and audit and responsible for the preparation of the group accounts including overseas subsidiary
- Systems and Process Improvement & Control (balance sheet ownership, relentless innovation of internal controls, systems and processes, using technology to automate)
- Technical Accounting and support on any accounting policies, judgements and estimates
- Preparation of all Tax returns (Corporate Tax, VAT returns, PSA)
- Treasury support (liquidity & FX management, bank reporting)
- Support the team with ad hoc project work
What Success Looks Like:
- Accurate monthly financial reporting delivered within 3 working days of month end.
- Full monthly management information prepared for the board.
- Annual statutory reporting finalised within 3 months with no audit adjustments.
- Ensure all compliance and tax deadlines documented and achieved.
- Process documentation always up to date and key controls evidenced.
- Improvements to current processes and methods
Our Ideal MVFer:
- ACA (or equivalent) qualified with excellent knowledge of UK GAAP
- Recently qualified, but any PQE in industry would be a bonus
- Loves excel including complex formulae, pivot tables and high data volumes
- Great at innovating systems, optimising and automating processes
- Personable and effective communicator
- Solid understanding of Corporation Tax and VAT
- High achiever with drive and energy who will work smart and deliver fast
- Positive approach, thrives on change, happy to challenge the status quo
- Keen to grow and develop their career and aspire to achieve bigger and better things
MVF was started in 2009 by 5 friends with the sole aim of transforming how businesses find new customers. We believe in growth - not just growth for our clients, but growth for MVF and the amazing people that make us who we are. To help accelerate this growth, we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and what led us to be placed as Number 1 company to work for in London in the Sunday Times Best Companies List 2018 (No. 2 in the UK), and why we are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better place to work.
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do, ensuring all of our teams are driving to be world class, constantly innovating and inspiring positivity in their colleagues. We don’t just talk about our values, we live them.
- Drives to be World Class
- Work Smart and Deliver Fast
- Love Innovation
- Help Others Succeed
- Earn Trust
- Inspire Positivity
If you have a true passion for accounting and are driven to learn, develop and become world class through innovative, data savvy decisions, then please apply.