What you’ll be doing…
Providing maximum value to our clients by innovating the way we deliver high quality customers to them
Collaboration & Communication
- Providing input with other specialists into technical design decisions
- Communicating complex ideas and outcomes to peers, managers and partners
- Documenting technical systems and processes around work that your team owns
- Building consensus within the team for your and others’ ideas
- Actively asking for and providing regular feedback
Impact & Influence
- Reviewing other engineers’ pull requests and helping them to improve the quality of our codebase
- Working with other engineers to improve skills
- Onboarding new engineers and keeping onboarding process up to date
- Potentially assisting with the hiring process
- Working within a cross functional engineering team, delivering technical solutions to identified business needs at a high standard
- Owning pieces of work and delivering them to a high standard in alignment with our team’s product goals
- Working through roadblocks through collaboration
- Asking questions to ensure you understand the work well
- Providing accurate estimates of work we plan
- Working within and helping to improve our Lean & Agile processes, to deliver business value through your engineering effort
What we want from you...
- You have experienced software development in a variety of contexts, languages and frameworks.
- You write clean, readable code following the project’s coding style and accepted practices, paradigms & patterns (e.g. SOLID)
- You write unit tests for new code
- You have experience of Refactoring & Debugging techniques.
- You are confident working with relational SQL databases as well as NoSQL databases
- You have built well-defined API services and are confident in consuming them
What we’d like from you (or you’re keen to learn)…
- Familiarity with well-structured Object Oriented PHP
- Experience of modern frameworks and libraries such as Laravel & Symfony
- Good understanding of OOP and functional programming
- CI/CD experience using automated build tools and Docker
- Exposure to the AWS ecosystem, particularly S3, SQS, RDS & Elasticache
- Comfortable making well considered use of appropriate packages and libraries
- Experience of running applications & services at scale, and of implementing scalable solutions
- Knowledge of TDD and BDD approaches, and experience of how they help teams build brilliant solutions
- DDD software design knowledge and experience of building serverless microservices would be a bonus
What we can offer:
- Individual training budget to spend on your professional development e.g Conferences and courses
- 1 day per week work from home policy
- 10% time to work on personal projects you feel might benefit MVF most
- Unlimited book allowance
- Your choice of hardware
- Sports and culture clubs that include Yoga, Table tennis, Movie, Badminton, Football, Board games, Personal Trainer sessions and more
- Free healthy breakfast that includes a selection of Fruit, Cereals, Tea & Coffees
MVF is a global customer generation business, supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 100 countries. In 2013, MVF topped the Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing tech/media company in the UK, and we’ve been winning awards ever since; whether for growth, for excellence in marketing, or for innovation in other fields. At present, MVF is made up of 450+ amazing people in the UK and USA, and we’ll soon be launching our third office, this time in the APAC region.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. We want you to help us get there!
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and so we’re very proud to have been judged in the top 2 places to work in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List 2018, and we are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better environment for all our people.
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do, ensuring everyone at MVF can be at the top of their game; constantly developing, innovating and inspiring positivity in their colleagues. We don’t just talk about our values, we live them:
- Drive to be world class
- Work smart & deliver fast
- Love innovation
- Help others succeed
- Earn trust
- Inspire positivity
If you have a true passion for Technology and are driven to learn, develop and become world class through a data centred approach to Development, then please apply.