Our world class technology team is expanding and our platforms and delivery processes are becoming more sophisticated at the same time.
As a technology and data driven business, we recognise the key role outstanding engineers play in helping us achieve our vision.
Platform Engineers at MVF work closely with our product teams to ensure the continued reliability and availability of our infrastructure, products and platforms. We believe that teams supporting their work in production is the best way to ensure the production of high quality software, so you will work with these teams to ensure that they have the skills, tools and direction to enable this. Ideally, you are either a developer with operations experience or an operations engineer from a development background.
MVF’s Technology team vision is to create the world's leading digital marketing platform that drives long-term client growth, and as a technology and data driven business we recognise the key role outstanding engineers play in helping us achieve it.
We expect much of MVF’s growth to come from great ideas our team members generate, with our collaborative approach accelerating their delivery. We strongly believe it is our team that can deliver this impact.
The engineering team delivers the unique set of bespoke products which have contributed to MVF being recently recognised as the UK's Fastest Growing Tech Firm.
Nice to haves
- Proponent of Continuous Delivery
- Delights in readable, well-designed, well-tested scripts
- Experience with TDD
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Logging/Monitoring
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with “infrastructure as code” using Cloudformation and Chef (Ruby)
- Experience/interest in Docker/ECS
- Experience with tuning Wordpress or a CMS and performance using CDN (Fastly/Cloudfront/Cloudflare)
- Experience designing resilient networks/infrastructure
- Experience with disaster recovery and “chaos” testing
- Experience of Security best-practice
- Professional experience writing web-based applications and a willingness to quickly get up to speed on our stack (PHP/Python)
What we can offer:
- Individual training budget to spend on your professional development e.g Conferences and courses
- 1 day per week work from home policy
- 10% time to work on personal projects you feel might benefit MVF most
- Unlimited book allowance
- Your choice of hardware
- Sports and culture clubs that include Yoga, Table tennis, Movie, Badminton, Football, Board games, Personal Trainer sessions and more
- Free healthy breakfast that includes a selection of Fruit, Cereals, Tea & Coffees
MVF is a global customer generation business, supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 100 countries. In 2013, MVF topped the Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing tech/media company in the UK, and we’ve been winning awards ever since; whether for growth, for excellence in marketing, or for innovation in other fields. At present, MVF is made up of 450+ amazing people in the UK and USA, and we’ll soon be launching our third office, this time in the APAC region.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. We want you to help us get there!
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and so we’re very proud to have been judged in the top 2 places to work in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List 2018, and we are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better environment for all our people.
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do, ensuring everyone at MVF can be at the top of their game; constantly developing, innovating and inspiring positivity in their colleagues. We don’t just talk about our values, we live them:
- Drive to be world class
- Work smart & deliver fast
- Love innovation
- Help others succeed
- Earn trust
- Inspire positivity