As a Content Discovery Network Manager, your primary responsibility will be managing a portfolio of advertising campaigns on Content Discovery Networks, such as Taboola and Outbrain. You will be responsible for both your own campaigns, and those of your team.
You’ll build upon your previous knowledge and experience of performance marketing and native advertising by running creative brainstorm sessions, analysing performance data to identify performance of different campaigns, setting up relevant tests, writing new copy for different products, overhauling strategies and implementing your own data-driven ideas.
You’ll manage at least two Biddable Marketing Executives, supporting them during their training and having a key input in their personal development. You’ll get to devise and lead training sessions in our Biddable Academy, in both general biddable techniques and in any areas where you have particular expertise. You will also get the opportunity to lead long term projects and inform best practice, as well as develop the wider focus and strategy of the team.
This role also involves communicating with stakeholders to provide performance updates. You will inform them of new strategies being tested to generate growth, and drive improvements in margins. You will manage relationships with external platforms such as Taboola, Outbrain and Brax, and test new features these platforms offer.
“Working in the Biddable team is about using as many data points as you can to catch the right person, at the right time, with the right message.”
The Biddable Marketing Department is made up of several teams operating across a number of marketing channels and platforms; these include Paid Search and Display (primarily on Google & Bing), Paid Social (Facebook, Instagram), CDN/Native (Taboola, Outbrain etc), Emerging paid media (Twitter, LinkedIn etc), YouTube and Programmatic Display (DBM).
As a member of our CDN team, you’ll join a strong culture of creativity. You and your team will be encouraged to test out different campaign strategies, make and launch innovative headlines and images, and perform webpage-based A/B tests to optimise our article pages. You’ll need strong analytical skills and a keen eye for picking through data.
Ads created by our CDN team have almost half a billion impressions a month, so you’ve probably seen our ads somewhere around the internet. By becoming part of this team, you can help contribute to our global impact.
- Manage a portfolio of accounts, including supervising those of your team members, in line with MVF best practices and business priorities.
- Drive innovation within your team by facilitating creative sessions - from ad hoc photo shoots to focused copywriting sessions.
- Driving collaboration between your team and the tech department to develop world class pages. Supporting the use of HTML and photoshop to build them.
- Manage the day-to-day activities and personal development of a small group of Executives, with support from the Head of CDN.
- Contribute to running the in-house Biddable Academy, designing and delivering training on a wide range of marketing topics.
- Work with wider commercial and marketing teams to establish new marketing strategies, through analysis of competitors and external market activities.
- Act as management support for the Head of CDN.
- Act as CDN management lead for a trading hub, working closely with the commercial head to drive results.
- Take a leading role in CDN and Biddable Team projects, driving innovation and account development on a long-term basis.
- Keep up to date with industry knowledge to refine your campaign strategies.
Our Ideal MVFer:
- Proven performance-based biddable marketing experience, ideally some native advertising experience
- Understanding of lead generation
- Strong data analysis skills, and the ability to tell a story through data.
- Comfortable working to GP and margin based targets, in a fast moving business environment
- Confident in communicating team performance to the Head of CDN and to the wider business both verbally and in writing
- Experience mentoring a small team of marketing executives
- Experience recruiting through structured interviews a plus
- Strong desire to lead and drive our vision. CDN is a core channel for the Biddable team and is growing strongly
- A detail-oriented individual with a combination of creative and analytical skills appropriate for running highly-targeted data-driven campaigns
- Proficient with Excel/Google Sheets
- A proactive and independent approach to working life
MVF is a global customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 120 countries. In 2013, MVF topped the Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing tech company in the UK, and last year was also named the business with the 50th fastest growing profits in the UK. This is the third year that MVF has also been ranked in the top ten places to work in the UK by the Sunday Times Best Companies list.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. We want you to help get us there!