An enthusiastic, self-motivated, technically-astute engineer, eager to continue building technical skills whilst helping to shape the future and direction of our industry-leading platform.
You’re passionate about building what’s right for the user; you’re willing to take ownership of features - and contribute to making them superb. You’re keen to widen your skillset and (most importantly) you’re confident questioning and constructively critiquing the status-quo.
You’ll bring your technical aptitude and engineering experience to bear on complex customer-facing problems, solving them alongside a team of talented colleagues to rapidly deliver the right solution. You’ll have the opportunity to work across any and all of our platforms - we positively encourage our people to move teams and try new things - and you’ll work with the team to define and implement the future architecture for our products.
Your skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of commercial React/Redux development
- Lean/Agile environment exposure, with continual improvement focus
- Demonstrably strong coding background (HTML5, CSS (SCSS / LESS), JS etc)
- Experience of TDD/BDD - and an understanding of why they’re good
- Commercial awareness of business impact alongside engineering excellence
- Clear ability to prioritise tasks and drive them through to completion
- Appetite for championing the best engineering methodologies
- Experience mentoring and developing junior team members
What we offer:
- Individual training budget to spend on your professional development
- 1 day per week work-from-home policy
- 10% time to work on personal projects you feel might benefit MVF most
- Unlimited book allowance
- Your choice of hardware
- Huge range of sports and culture clubs
- Free healthy breakfast!
A global customer generation business, supplying some of the world’s leading global brands with high volumes of new customers. We’re on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world-class teams - and we want you to join us!
We believe that people are our greatest strength, and are lucky enough to have a world-class team of 450+ MVFers building our remarkable culture and driving growth for our clients, primarily in the UK and US - and we’ll soon be launching our third office, this time in the APAC region.
We believe in working smarter, not harder. People join us to develop their careers, work with top talent - and transform the industry. We’ve grown rapidly and consistently over the last ten years, topping the Sunday Times Tech Track in 2013. We weren’t happy with 6th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies 2017 - so we made 2nd place in the Sunday Times Best Companies 2018!
Our Technology team delivers our industry-leading platforms across every aspect of the business - content publishing, customer acquisition, marketing automation, global-scale CRM, and analytics across petabytes of data. We work with every other department to add massive value for all our customers - and we’re constantly looking for talented people to join us.
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and so we’re very proud to have been judged in the top 2 places to work in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List 2018, and we are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better environment for all our people.
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do, ensuring everyone at MVF can be at the top of their game; constantly developing, innovating and inspiring positivity in their colleagues. We don’t just talk about our values, we live them:
- Drive to be World Class e.g. Strives to learn new software engineering techniques and improve existing skills. Knows how to apply them day to day
- Work Smart, Deliver Fast e.g. Prioritises to deliver value, fast
- Love Innovation e.g. Knows when and where to apply new techniques and technologies
- Help Others Succeed e.g. Mentors and supports other members of the team to learn and improve their productivity
- Earn Trust e.g. communicates progress effectively to team members and stakeholders
- Inspire Positivity e.g. team members (and others in the department) look to you to help them with problems
If you have a true passion for Technology and are driven to learn, develop and become world class through a data centred approach to Development, then please apply now.