What you will be doing:
- Working as part of the Publishing team, your role will be to conduct research and write high quality, informative content for one of our leading B2B brands.
- This content will attract users interested in the products and services we offer through organic search.
- There will be an opportunity to work with departments across the company and get to know how the Publishing team can help other teams be successful.
A bit about Startups.co.uk
Startups.co.uk has been around for two decades and is the UK’s leading small business publication. In your role as Writer you’ll be charged with creating content strategies to help the site achieve its commercial and brand aims. You’ll also work with specialists from around the business to run tests, implement best practice, and help drive the site on to new heights.
Publishing is the biggest department at MVF and is responsible for all of the company’s websites. The department consists of:
- The Editorial team - responsible for the quality of the content on all of our sites and ensuring they meet their organic traffic and revenue targets
- The Technical SEO team - responsible for setting MVF’s technical SEO strategy and for implementing technical changes on all of our websites. Their areas of responsibility are technical rebrands & migrations, M&A due diligence and BAU technical projects (e.g. site speed improvements).
- The Outreach & Comms team - responsible for setting a World Class outreach strategy and securing a high volume of quality links for our sites. They also look after MVF’s employer brand and manage internal comms.
- Production of engaging, high-quality content that helps users make the most informed decision.
- Write new product and company reviews, how-to guides, informational and commercially oriented articles that will bring targeted, high-quality traffic to the websites.
- Update existing articles to improve their overall quality and ensure the information on the site is up-to-date, fresh and relevant.
- Extensively use/conduct research on products we feature on the website - with the aim of becoming an expert in the topic areas you are assigned to write about.
- Undertake background research - including desk-based research, conducting site visits, surveys or in-depth interviews - to better understand our audience’s pain points, and to gather experts’ opinions and views.
- Fact-check, edit, revise, review and proofread work especially in response to feedback.
- Produce new outreach content (both data-led and editorial style) to earn new backlinks for the website.
- Write news and features articles that attract traffic to the website and earn links from other authoritative websites when required.
- Work with other teams (including Outreach, Brand, PR & Technical SEO) to improve processes, brand exposure and the website overall.
What Success Looks Like:
- Publishing of multiple pieces of high-quality content per week (new and updated)
- Writing new reviews and articles that generate thousands of visitors per month and that generate customers for our partners
- Volume and quality of organic traffic to new articles created
- Volume and quality of organic traffic to articles edited
- Volume and quality of new links earned for outreach articles
- Writing reviews and articles that achieve exceptional engagement metrics (reviewed against our content quality KPIs)
What you bring to the role:
- A passion for content and a love of writing
- Excellent writing ability and command of the English language
- Naturally inquisitive, and an interest in researching new things
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Experience of writing for an online audience preferred
- Experience of working with Wordpress preferred
MVF is one of the UK’s leading customer generation companies. We are a rapidly growing business – we topped the Sunday Times Tech Track, and since then grew 278% per annum before tripling in size again. We now employ 400 staff in the UK and USA and conduct marketing activities in more than 120 countries.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world-class teams.
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and that is why we were voted 2nd best place to work in the Sunday Times Best Companies List 2018, and why we are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better place to work. As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do, ensuring all of our teams are driving to be world class, constantly innovating and inspiring positivity in their colleagues. We don’t just talk about our values, we live them.
- Drives to be World Class
- Works Smart and Delivers Fast
- Loves Innovation
- Helps Others to Succeed
- Earns Trust
- Inspires Positivity