Focussed on platform operations; either you’ve done it from the start or you’ve transitioned from another path. You enjoy making things better; through process, delivery and execution. Always having one eye on the future, you are always looking to help shape our industry-leading platform. We don’t expect you to know everything but want you to bring your learnings and experience to the team, seeking to improve the skills of not only yourself but everyone around you.
Using your technical expertise and experience you’ll work with teams, both in and outside of the department, providing teams with the required tools and support to produce amazing applications. Being an integral part of architectural conversations and guiding engineers to the correct solutions, you’ll ensure these applications are resilient and reliable. Automation and testing are standard; accurate logging and monitoring the right things are second nature.
A normal day will involve…
- developing and maintaining our AWS estate (EC2, ECS, RDS, and many more)
- deploying “infrastructure as code” (we use Cloudformation, Chef & Terraform)
- working with container based systems (we currently run Docker in ECS)
- deploying and maintaining relational databases; from solving performance issues to managing backup and replication strategies, and disaster recovery (we use MySQL across EC2 and RDS, plus Snowflake)
- working alongside our engineering teams to design deployment architecture and resolve infrastructure issues
- implementing monitors for production environments (we use Datadog)
- researching and employing best practice techniques (security, backups)
- setting up and maintaining automated deployment tools (we use Jenkins and CircleCI)
- managing application traffic (our toolset includes DNS, VCL, HTTP, HAProxy)
- using modern scripting languages (Ruby, Python, Groovy)
Bonus points for...
- experience using a CDN (Fastly/Cloudfront/Cloudflare)
- experience designing resilient networks/infrastructure
- experience with disaster recovery and modern infrastructure testing techniques & tooling
- Experience of other cluster managers (Kubernetes, Nomad)
What we offer:
- Individual training budget to spend on your professional development
- 1 day per week work from home policy
- 10% time to work on personal projects you feel might benefit MVF most
- Unlimited book allowance
- Your choice of hardware
- Sports and culture clubs that include yoga, table tennis, badminton, football, board games, personal trainer sessions and more
- Free healthy breakfast that includes a selection of fruit, cereals, tea & coffees
We are a global customer generation business:
We supply some of the world’s leading global brands with high volumes of new customers. We’re on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world-class teams - and we want you to join us!
We believe that people are our greatest strength, and are lucky enough to have a world-class team of 450+ MVFers building our remarkable culture and driving growth for our clients, primarily in the UK and US - and we’ll soon be launching our third office, this time in the APAC region.
We believe in working smarter, not harder. People join us to develop their careers, work with top talent - and transform the industry. We’ve grown rapidly and consistently over the last ten years, topping the Sunday Times Tech Track in 2013. We weren’t happy with 6th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies 2017 - so we made 2nd place in the Sunday Times Best Companies 2018!
Our Technology team delivers our industry-leading platforms across every aspect of the business - content publishing, customer acquisition, marketing automation, global-scale CRM, and analytics across petabytes of data. We work with every other department to add massive value for all our customers - and we’re constantly looking for talented people to join us.