The growth team is the newest team in the business, serving as an incubator for innovation at MVF. The Growth team’s mission is to accelerate the long term growth of MVF by innovating and scaling new marketing channels, successfully launching more product verticals and entering into new sectors which transform how businesses find new customers. Our goal is to deliver £35m of revenue in the next 2 years
You will be responsible for creating the marketing strategy and working on the commercial strategy in partnership with the sales team in order to maximise the likelihood of building successful new verticals. Working within a matrix structure you will manage internal stakeholders in order to move fast on exciting opportunities, taking a data lead approach and innovating processes in order to find the next $m opportunity at MVF. Outlining strategic commercial opportunities you will work with the research and sales management teams to present investment cases to the commercial board.
- For achieving teams New Vertical & New Sector launch & handover targets
- Marketing strategy delivering against client success criteria, testing new and innovative funnels and any other levers available to maximise the likelihood of building a successful new vertical.
- Lead growth team meetings and workflow, ensuring the most valuable work is being prioritised and delivered against target
- Working with Sales management to ensure pipeline reflects vertical opportunity, the commercial opportunity and client success is accurately understood and that speed of client take on is optimised.
- Ensuring data is at the core of all decision making, working with sales and marketing to evaluate client and campaign performance is aligned with helping the growth team achieve its wider goals.
- Getting support from technology teams when building lean mvp tests and working with product teams to build more long term scalable solution once proof of concept is achieved
- Work with the research team to improve & develop the research methodology in line with the science of success
- Develop the content, structure and presentation of investment cases to the Commercial Board in collaboration with Research and marketing teams
- In conjunction with research team develop the science of success by which MVF will be able to consistently assess the value and likely success of New Vertical and New Sector pipeline
- Ensure the team works fast and doubles down efforts on exciting opportunities and taking responsibility for these judgement calls
- Build and improve processes allowing the team to scale verticals quickly.
- Work with Trading hub teams to ensure evaluation of verticals is understood. All successful verticals have a robust handover plan and all stakeholders are updated with current new vertical progress
What Success Looks Like:
- MVF’s successful New Verticals are accelerated
- New Vertical team successful vertical targets achieved
- Science of success created to allow accurate forecasting of new verticals success and volume of launches required to achieve targets
- Processes are created and improved to ensure the team works in the optimal way
- Team works in a way which is congruent with the rest of the business, adapting best practice where suitable.
- Teams development objectives are being hit
- Build a culture within the team focussed on long term profitable growth and speed of delivery
Our Ideal MVFer:
- Is commercially aware and can identify big opportunities and potential threats
- T-shaped (Tech, Sales, Marketing) and strong commercial mindset
- Okay with being imperfect and flexible
- Impact driven - wants to deliver value
- Moves fast and Gets things done
- Strong analytical skills
- Has excellent logic, technical and problem solving ability
- Is ambitious and likes to be challenged
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively and concisely
- Has a positive attitude
- Is able to make bold decision and push through a business case
MVF is a global customer generation business, supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 100 countries. In 2013, MVF topped the Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing tech/media company in the UK, and we’ve been winning awards ever since; whether for growth, for excellence in marketing, or for innovation in other fields. At present, MVF is made up of 450+ amazing people in the UK and USA, and we’ll soon be launching our third office, this time in the APAC region.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. We want you to help us get there!
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and so we’re very proud to have been judged in the top 2 places to work in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List 2018, and we are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better environment for all our people.
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do, ensuring everyone at MVF can be at the top of their game; constantly developing, innovating and inspiring positivity in their colleagues. We don’t just talk about our values, we live them:
- Drive to be world class
- Work smart & deliver fast
- Love innovation
- Help others succeed
- Earn trust
- Inspire positivity