A global customer generation business, supplying some of the world’s leading global brands with high volumes of new customers. We’re on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world-class teams - and we want you to join us!
We believe that people are our greatest strength, and are lucky enough to have a world-class team of 450+ MVFers building our remarkable culture and driving growth for our clients, primarily in the UK and US - and we’ll soon be launching our third office, this time in the APAC region.
We believe in working smarter, not harder. People join us to develop their careers, work with top talent - and transform the industry. We’ve grown rapidly and consistently over the last ten years, topping the Sunday Times Tech Track in 2013. We weren’t happy with 6th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies 2017 - so we made 1st place in the Sunday Times Best Companies 2020!
Our Technology team delivers our industry-leading platforms across every aspect of the business - content publishing, customer acquisition, marketing automation, global-scale CRM, and analytics across petabytes of data. We work with every other department to add massive value for all our customers - and we’re constantly looking for talented people to join us.
An enthusiastic, self-motivated, technically-astute engineering manager, eager to continue developing your leadership skills whilst helping to shape the future and direction of our industry-leading platform by leading one of our high-performing, autonomous teams.
You’re passionate about delivering great products and you’re confident balancing implementation speed with product quality. You can hire, onboard - and most importantly, know how to develop top quality engineers. You love celebrating team success and understand how to motivate and empower a team. Finally, you’re keen to employ Lean and Agile best practices to make delivery excellence a cornerstone of the team - and you know how to flex the process to suit the situation.
You’ll bring your technical know-how and managerial expertise to bear on complex problems, solving them with a talented team of in-house and off-shore engineers. You’ll have the opportunity to work across any and all of our platforms - we positively encourage our people to move teams and try new things - and you’ll work with your team to define and implement the future architecture for our products.
As the engineering manager, you’ll be leading the team from day one, involved in daily standups, planning meetings, growth and development conversations and product roadmaps. You’ll plan the architecture and delivery with your team, working with engineering management colleagues to address department-wide issues as needed.
We believe that empowered teams work best, so expect to be given a huge amount of autonomy to decide what’s important and how to deliver it, in conjunction with the product management team.
Your skills and experience:
- Solid track record of commercial development in PHP & mySQL
- Demonstrable experience of managing high-performance teams, including training, mentoring and coaching direct reports and junior engineers
- Extensive Lean/Agile environment exposure
- Demonstrable experience of TDD/BDD - and the benefits (or otherwise!)
- Commercial awareness of business impact alongside engineering excellence
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Demonstrable experience of owning and improving core engineering KPIs
Bonus points for…
- Exposure to architecture and/or AWS-based development
- Experience developing in Node.js and/or React
What we offer:
- Individual training budget to spend on your professional development
- 1 day per week work-from-home policy
- 10% time to work on personal projects you feel might benefit MVF most
- Unlimited book allowance
- Your choice of hardware
- Huge range of sports and culture clubs
- Free healthy breakfast!
If you have a true passion for Technology and are driven to learn, develop and become world class through a data centred approach to Development, then please apply.