We are a global customer generation business...
We supply some of the world’s leading global brands with high volumes of new customers. We’re on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world-class teams - and we want you to join us!
We believe that people are our greatest strength, and are lucky enough to have a world-class team of 500+ MVFers building our remarkable culture and driving growth for our clients, primarily in the UK and US - and we’ll soon be launching our third office, this time in the APAC region.
We believe in working smarter, not harder. People join us to develop their careers, work with top talent - and transform the industry. We’ve grown rapidly and consistently over the last ten years, topping the Sunday Times Tech Track in 2013. We weren’t happy with 2nd place in Sunday Times Best Companies 2018 and so in February this year were crowned Number 1 for 2020!
Our Technology team delivers our industry-leading platforms across every aspect of the business - content publishing, customer acquisition, marketing automation, global-scale CRM, and analytics across petabytes of data. We work with every other department to add massive value for all our customers - and we’re constantly looking for talented people to join us.
Focussed on data engineering; either you’ve done it from the start or you’ve transitioned from another path. You enjoy making things better; through process, delivery and execution. We don’t expect you to know everything but want you to bring your learnings and experience to the team, seeking to improve your skills and the skills of everyone around you.
You’re keen to use your technical expertise and experience to plan, build and deliver testable, scalable data architecture that underpins our industry-leading platforms. Your coding background lets you know when to develop solutions from scratch and when to use existing tools to connect different systems - and you’re keen to use your deep data knowledge to recognise when we can re-use existing data flows to maximise opportunities for the business.
A normal day will involve…
- Building and maintaining data pipelines and ETL processes (we currently use AWS, Fivetran alongside Python and Java)
- Scaling and maintaining our data warehouses (we currently use Snowflake)
- Working alongside our product & engineering teams to understand and deliver their data requirements
- Monitoring and managing our data manipulation pipelines (we use Datadog)
- Automating common ETL patterns to reduce manual workflows
- Supporting other teams as a domain expert for everything data - processing, analytics, ingestion, exports and potential machine learning
- Staying abreast of emerging best practices and industry trends
Bonus points for...
- Experience of working in a lean and agile team
- Experience designing resilient architecture
- Experience writing web-based applications
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Knowledge of Docker and CI/CD pipelines
What we offer:
- Individual training budget to spend on your professional development
- 1 day per week work from home policy
- 10% time to work on personal projects you feel might benefit MVF most
- Unlimited book allowance
- Your choice of hardware
- Sports and culture clubs that include yoga, table tennis, badminton, football, board games, personal trainer sessions and more
- Free healthy breakfast that includes a selection of fruit, cereals, tea & coffees