Reporting to the General Counsel, you will be responsible for managing MVF's day-to-day legal affairs, and ensuring the provision of accurate, timely and pragmatic legal advice and support to all areas of the business.
In particular, you will be regularly analysing and advising on data protection and privacy matters, and drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements, including, data sharing and data processing agreements.
The Legal and Compliance Team at MVF is responsible for all legal, regulatory and compliance matters globally, including the UK, Europe, US, and other jurisdictions.
The team supports all departments, and all levels of the business, with a broad range of commercial work, including commercial contracts, data sharing and processing agreements, M&A, intellectual property, marketing and advertising, data protection & privacy, financial services, and property.
Our Ideal MVFer
- A real passion and drive for putting the business' interests first.
- Excellent rapport & relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload effectively.
- Constructively challenges with the aim of positively fostering and safeguarding the business.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and often to tight deadlines.
- A team player who works for the success of the wider Legal and Compliance Team and MVF, and is eager to share their knowledge and network.
- Commercially focussed with an interest in the tech/ digital marketing space, and also data privacy.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- People management experience - this role has one direct report.
Experience & Qualifications:
- UK Qualified Solicitor
- 4+ years PQE experience
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Demonstrable experience advising on data protection/privacy matters
- Comfortable advising/supporting a broad range of legal matters
- In-house/client secondment experience is ideal
Bonus points for:
- Dual UK/US qualified
- Experience working with the US market
- International data protection/privacy experience
- Background in tech/digital marketing
What we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary
Individual training budget to spend on professional development
- Unlimited book allowance
- Flexible, family first environment
- A business that is committed to your personal & professional growth
- Free healthy breakfast daily (once we’re back in the office, of course!)
- Sports and culture clubs including, but not limited to; Yoga, Movie club, Football, Personal Trainer sessions (currently these are taking place online!)
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
MVF topped the Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing tech/media company in the UK, and we’ve been winning awards ever since; whether for growth, for excellence in marketing, or for innovation in other fields. At present, MVF is made up of 500+ amazing people in the UK and USA, and we’ll soon be launching our third regional office, this time in the APAC region.
Our focus on proprietary technology and multi-channel marketing expertise allows clients an unparalleled reach into new markets and channels, delivering engaged customers in real-time to fuel sustainable growth for some of the world’s most ambitious businesses.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. We want you to help us get there!
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and so we’re very proud to have been named the number 1 place to work in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List 2020. We are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better environment for all our people.
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do; from who we hire, to the work we do, to which businesses we partner with.
We don’t just talk about our values, we live them:
- Drive to be world class
- Work smart & deliver fast
- Love innovation
- Help others succeed
- Earn trust
- Inspire positivity
If you like what you've seen so far, we'd love to hear from you to discuss in more detail. We have some really exciting growth plans (yes, despite Covid!) and we'd love you to be a part of it. Apply now.