MVF’s Technology team vision is to create industry-leading products in the areas of publishing, customer acquisition, mass channel marketing automation, global consumer scale CRM, petabyte sized analytics, call centres and internal processes. We expect much of MVF’s growth to come from great ideas our team members generate, with our collaborative approach accelerating their delivery. We strongly believe it is our team that can deliver this impact.
We are now investing in the development of a world-class engineering function at MVF. As our team has scaled we realise the opportunity to install dedicated engineering managers to drive team improvements, ensure team focus and deliver against our plans.
This is a key strategic role within Engineering and we are looking for highly motivated individuals to help us achieve our vision.
This is a perfect role for an ambitious team lead or existing Engineering manager looking to take the next step in a growing Engineering management team.
- Line manage 5-7 engineers against our management framework
- Train and coach others in the department to become team leads and tech leads
- Work with our People Team to grow the cross-functional team of engineers
- Create a learning environment
- Mentor and coach engineers
- Help improve our lean and agile development processes
- Lead daily stand-ups with engineers, QA, UX, Business owners and Product managers
- Lead retrospectives and planning sessions
- Ownership of team cycle times, throughput and defect rates
- Communicate with Business Owners, Product Managers, Stakeholder and other engineers on development progress
- Deliver, from concept to support, measurable business value through your team’s engineering effort.
- Communicate progress within the team, spot issues as they arise and facilitate solutions to these
What Success Looks Like:
- Individual engineers understand their commitment to delivery
- Engineers have a clear career progression plan and are supported through this
- Team cycle time and throughput is captured and a process to actively affect it implemented
- Engineering can hire quality staff on-demand
- Engineering teams have a high level of job satisfaction
Our Ideal MVFer:
- Proven leadership skills as a line manager and coach to at least 3 engineers
- Very strong coding background
- Experience of solution architecture and AWS-based development
- Experience of working in a lean and agile team with a strong focus on continual improvement
- Experience of building a team; devising job specs, interviewing and selling the company
- Commercially astute
- Experience with TDD and continuous deployment
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
MVF topped the Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing tech/media company in the UK, and we’ve been winning awards ever since; whether for growth, for excellence in marketing, or for innovation in other fields. At present, MVF is made up of 500+ amazing people in the UK and USA, and we’ll soon be launching our third regional office, this time in the APAC region.
Our focus on proprietary technology and multi-channel marketing expertise allows clients an unparalleled reach into new markets and channels, delivering engaged customers in real-time to fuel sustainable growth for some of the world’s most ambitious businesses.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. We want you to help us get there!
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and so we’re very proud to have been named the number 1 place to work in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List 2020. We are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better environment for all our people.
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do; from who we hire, to the work we do, to which businesses we partner with.
We don’t just talk about our values, we live them:
- Drive to be world class
- Work smart & deliver fast
- Love innovation
- Help others succeed
- Earn trust
- Inspire positivity