MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
MVF topped the Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing tech/media company in the UK, and we’ve been winning awards ever since; whether for growth, for excellence in marketing, or for innovation in other fields. At present, MVF is made up of 500+ amazing people in the UK and USA, and we’ll soon be launching our third regional office, this time in the APAC region.
Our focus on proprietary technology and multi-channel marketing expertise allows clients an unparalleled reach into new markets and channels, delivering engaged customers in real-time to fuel sustainable growth for some of the world’s most ambitious businesses.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. We want you to help us get there!
MVF’s legal team is responsible for all legal, regulatory and compliance matters globally, including the UK, Europe, US, and other jurisdictions.
The team supports all departments, and all levels of the business, with a broad range of commercial, corporate and other work, including commercial contracts, company secretarial, intellectual property, marketing and advertising, data protection and privacy, and financial services/regulated products.
Across all of its activities and markets MVF works very hard to ensure that we are totally compliant with all laws and regulations and with their spirit, and we have an exemplary record of compliance.
Over recent years, compliance has become an area of even greater focus and importance for MVF, and, looking ahead, this will certainly continue to be the case, given that:
- We are continuing to grow extremely quickly, and launch new products and enter new markets,
- Our teams are continuing to grow very rapidly, making training and maintaining staff knowledge a challenge,
- Legislation is evolving rapidly globally
- In addition to our extremely strong organic growth, we are pursuing several acquisition opportunities
- Our clients are increasingly demanding that we evidence a high standard of compliance, and at the same time we recognise our policies, processes and track record as being a potential source of competitive advantage.
The Senior Compliance Manager will have a broad compliance background including experience with Data Protection and Regulated Products and, ideally, will have worked for a global company with exposure to regulation in multiple jurisdictions.
You will bring experience of best practice technology and processes, and experience in driving major change. Given MVF’s extremely ambitious growth plans, it’s essential for the Senior Compliance Manager to be highly commercial - able to ensure nimble and positive support for commercial growth plans whilst balancing the need to maintain strong compliance controls.
- Continue to build MVF’s compliance framework, including developing and rolling out all necessary policies, processes and controls
- Manage MVF’s data protection/privacy compliance programme
- Manage MVF’s information security programme
- Manage and regularly review MVF’s approval process for new verticals and international roll-outs, and maintain a central record of all verticals, and final decisions and advice
- Develop and maintain staff training programmes for all compliance areas
- Lead staff communication on compliance at all levels
- When required, support the legal team with compliance requests (e.g. from clients)
- Maintain a good working knowledge of key existing and evolving legislation/regulation applicable to MVF’s business
- Conduct and review all necessary risk assessments
Our ideal MVFer
- 2 November start (or thereabouts)
- Extensive experience in a similar compliance role
- GDPR experience
- Strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills across various internal departments
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Project management
Nice to have:
- Tech/marketing/data background
- Experience in a global role
- FCA experience
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and so we’re very proud to have been named the number 1 place to work in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List 2020. We are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better environment for all our people.
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do; from who we hire, to the work we do, to which businesses we partner with.
We don’t just talk about our values, we live them:
- Drive to be world class
- Work smart & deliver fast
- Love innovation
- Help others succeed
- Earn trust
- Inspire positivity
MVF’s compliance function is perceived as a valuable partner to the business rather than a blocker. If this environment sounds like the kind of company you would like to work in then please apply.