You will be working on our constantly growing portfolio of SEO websites that are built with WordPress. Our team is broken down into smaller pods of 3 engineers; the majority of your work will be in your pod but we regularly collaborate across-pods.
You can expect to be fully involved in the team from the start; including participating in code reviews and daily stand-ups. At standup you will meet the team and the product stakeholders, take ownership of your first task and begin to provide your solutions.
You will provide insight into the delivery of current and upcoming sprints and participate in all Agile scenarios such as: planning, demo, retro, reviews and refinement sessions. By the end of your first week you will have submitted your first pull request, successfully passed the code review process and put your first changes into production.
- Continued evolution of existing websites and new projects to support the growth of business
- Work with other engineers to provide input into architectural decisions
- Identify, communicate and act on opportunities for improving websites you are working on
- Support colleagues from the wider business when issues arise with these websites through our support channel process
- Provide accurate estimates for tasks you own
- Work effectively within our Agile environment, and identify incremental improvements to our processes
- Deliver, from concept to support, measurable business value through your engineering effort
- Produce quality code which meets or exceeds our best practices, and participate in code reviews of colleague’s work to help them achieve the same high standards
- Test your own code to satisfy business acceptance criteria, and help your colleagues test their work in the same manner
- Improve our codebase by writing appropriate unit and functional tests
- Understand the different environments your code will operate in, and use existing automated deployment processes to move code through UAT, staging and into production
- Investigate issues which arise in production and suggest solutions
What Success Looks Like:
- From day one, you will commit production-ready and tested changes to the MVF codebase, creating pull requests for your work and having them peer reviewed, before deploying the changes to the live systems.
- You will participate in daily stand-ups, clearly and effectively communicating your ideas and the status of your own tasks to the rest of your team.
- You will assist with the discovery and prioritisation of new work, and take ownership of appropriate tasks, seeing them through to delivery.
- You will create massive business value by understanding what the different areas of MVF do, what the impact of your work will be to each of those areas, and then focusing and delivering.
Our Ideal MVFer:
- Has a knowledge of using Gallery.io and/or Sketch and/or Figma design tools
- Builds HTML templates with good understanding of accessibility
- Uses and configures preprocessors such as Gulp or Grunt
- Has experience of working in a lean and agile teams with strong focus on continual improvement
- Has strong experience using GIT version control and basic usage of SSH and command line
- Comfortable with basic WP PHP hooks and tags used for templating
- Understands WordPress template hierarchy
- Leads the way by identifying, sharing and championing engineering best practices
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and so we’re very proud to have been named the number 1 place to work in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List 2020. We are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better environment for all our people.
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do; from who we hire, to the work we do, to which businesses we partner with.
We don’t just talk about our values, we live them:
- Drive to be world class
- Work smart & deliver fast
- Love innovation
- Help others succeed
- Earn trust
- Inspire positivity
If you've liked what you've heard so far and want to be part of a world-class engineering team, apply now.