Who are MVF?
We are a global customer generation business. We supply some of the world’s leading global brands with high volumes of new customers. We’re on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world-class teams.
People join us to develop their careers, work with top talent - and transform the industry. We’ve grown rapidly, and consistently, over the last ten years, topping the Sunday Times Tech Track in 2013 and appearing again in 2014 and 2018. We weren’t happy with 6th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies 2017, or 2nd in 2018 so we topped the list in 2020!
What does a Platform Engineer do at MVF?
As a Platform Engineer you will be a custodian of our industry leading platform, shaping the present and building the future. Using your technical expertise and experience you will work across the business providing teams with the required tools and support to produce amazing applications. You will be an integral part of architectural conversations, working to find the best solutions, ensuring that all applications are resilient and reliable. Automation and testing are standard; accurate logging and monitoring the right things are second nature.
A normal day will involve...
- You’ll use Lean and Agile best practices to make delivery excellence a cornerstone of the team, take part in agile ceremonies and keep the business informed as to expected delivery windows.
- Getting involved with daily stand-ups, planning sessions and retrospectives
- Developing and maintaining our AWS estate (EC2, ECS, RDS, SNS & SQS, Kinesis, Lambda & many more)
- Deploying “infrastructure as code” (we use Cloudformation, Chef & Terraform)
- Working with container based systems (we currently run Docker in ECS)
- Deploying and maintaining relational databases; from solving performance issues to managing backup and replication strategies to disaster recovery (MySQL, RDS, Snowflake)
- Designing deployment architecture and resolve infrastructure issues
- Implementing monitors for production environments (we use Datadog)
- Researching and employing best practice techniques (security, backups)
- Setting up and maintaining automated deployment tools (we use Jenkins & CircleCI)
- Managing application traffic (our toolset includes DNS, VCL, HTTP, Traefik and ABL)
- Using modern scripting languages (Ruby, Python, Groovy)
What’s in it for you?
- You will have a direct impact on all MVFers, every client we work with and every customer we generate.
- Focus on your growth- we hold growth conversations where we discuss your future goals and work with you to create a plan to help you get there. We run award winning internal training courses and you'll have £1000 per year to spend on your professional development
- You will have the opportunity to work on innovative projects with smart like-minded people, who are keen to share their knowledge and improve on a daily basis. You will have 10% time to work on personal projects that you feel might benefit MVF the most
- A plethora of free health & wellbeing clubs which we have been running remotely