MVF’s Technology team vision is to create the world's leading digital marketing platform that drives long-term client growth, and as a technology and data driven business we recognise the key role outstanding engineers play in helping us achieve it.
We expect much of MVF’s growth to come from great ideas our team members generate, with our collaborative approach accelerating their delivery. We strongly believe it is our team that can deliver this impact.
The engineering team delivers the unique set of bespoke products which have contributed to MVF being recently recognised as the UK's Fastest Growing Tech Firm.
You’ll bring your technical aptitude and engineering experience to bear on complex customer-facing problems, solving them alongside a team of talented colleagues to rapidly deliver the right solution. You’ll have the opportunity to work across any and all of our platforms - we positively encourage our people to move teams and try new things - and you’ll work with the team to define and implement the future architecture for our products.
You can expect to be fully involved in the team from day one, including code reviews and daily standups, and you’ll be involved in discussions around delivery, architecture and software design of current and upcoming technical work. You’ll be working alongside other engineers to deliver highly-performant code and solve in-depth technical challenges.
- Working with junior & senior team members to discuss, design and build software
- Deliver tested, working software in line with product requirements
- Occasionally working with business teams to identify & solve issues with existing software
- Deploying new versions of platforms into pre-live and/or live environments
- Engaging with the wider engineering and technical team to make MVF a better place to work
What Success Looks Like:
- Delivering working code on-time and to specification with minimum bugs
- Regular engagement with the product management team to identify and discuss solutions and features
- Planning architecture solutions in conjunction with Senior and Lead Engineers
- Participation in standups, planning sessions and other agile ceremonies with the engineering team
Our Ideal MVFer:
- Lean/Agile environment exposure, with continual improvement focus
- Commercial awareness of business impact alongside engineering excellence
- Clear ability to prioritise tasks and drive them through to completion
Bonus points for…
- Experience with PHP/Laravel as well as legacy application, and willingness to learn / work on these.
- Exposure to architecture and/or AWS-based development
- Demonstrable experience of automated testing - and the benefits (or otherwise!)
- Exposure to micro services, sqs, sns or other messaging systems
- Willingness to develop and work in functional style codebases
If you've liked what you've heard so far and want to learn more about our world-class engineering team, apply now.