MVF is a global customer generation business, supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 100 countries. MVF is one of the world’s leading customer generation companies. Since winning the 2013 Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing UK tech company (with 3-year average annual growth of 278%), our company has grown 8-fold in size again. We now employ over 500 people in the UK and USA, and run marketing activities in more than 50 countries. Our vision is to transform how businesses find new customers and to achieve that, we are on a mission to build the world’s most effective customer generation platform.
Through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. We want you to help us get there!
Our MVF Values
Company culture is at the heart of our success, and that is why MVF was recognised as the #1 Best Company to Work for in the UK in the 2020 Sunday Times Best Companies Awards. We are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better place to work. As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do, ensuring all of our people are driving to be world class, constantly innovating and inspiring positivity in their colleagues. We don’t just talk about our values, we live them.
- Drive to be world class
- Work smart & deliver fast
- Love innovation
- Help others succeed
- Earn trust
- Inspire positivity
The finance department is a 13 strong team of exceptionally talented professionals. Our mantra is to support MVF’s mission by providing brilliant service and positively fostering growth - meaning we are proactive in shining a light on performance and strategic planning while also safeguarding and protecting against risk.
The Finance Director leads the entire finance function and ensures the team, systems and processes/controls are in place to ensure timely and accurate financial information. Through business partnership, alongside robust plans and forecasts, the Finance Director supports highly effective decision making and the implementation of MVF’s strategy.
The Finance Director also supports the Group CFO with capital raising, M&A, and investor relations.
Operational Finance & Processes
- Accountable for all transactional finance, supporting the Head of Finance Operations in their responsibility for all client billing & credit control, supplier payments, employee expenses and banking transactions.
- Drives the continual evaluation and enhancement of processes which are highly efficient and provide a brilliant experience to internal and external clients.
- Financial Systems, Reporting & Control
- Accountable for financial control and reporting, supporting the Head of Accounting in their responsibility for systems, controls and reporting.
- Ensures the team, systems and processes/controls are in place to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Defines and maintains policies and processes to ensure MVF complies with all applicable laws and regulations, and manages risks to ensure an appropriate balance between returns and risks (regulatory, legal, commercial, ethical).
- Ensures strong internal controls and cost management to safeguard the business and assets.
- Drives the implementation, oversight and development of financial planning, reporting and wider finance systems.
- Serves as a strategic advisor to the Group CFO and Group CEO
- Drives the continual evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives, including tracking progress against business cases and plans.
- Accountable for producing timely & insightful analysis on current performance, unfulfilled opportunities and operational challenges to CEO, CFO, Board & other governance bodies within MVF
- Presents plans and analysis to the executive/commercial boards (as well as deputising for the CFO in these forums when required).
Specialist Financial Functions
- Oversees and directs all Tax strategy, supporting the Head of Accounting with tax planning, compliance and management of advisors
- Supports Treasury & M&A activities alongside MVF’s Corporate Development Director, including covenant modelling, acquisition diligence and post acquisition integration
- Accountable for leading the finance function, inspiring a multi-functional team of UK professionals to deliver exceptional partnership support to the business.
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement to ensure effective support to changing business needs.
- Intentionally develops the team to be more capable, skilled and knowledgeable resulting in taking on wider responsibilities over time.
- Builds a world class team that is well respected and highly regarded throughout MVF and externally also.
- Builds a strong network of external peers and specialist advisors to bring “outside in” thinking to the way the finance department adds value.
What Success Looks Like:
- Confidently leads the entire finance function without supervision - establishing themselves as the “go to” trusted person for all financial matters and standing in for CFO when required
- Delivers high quality end products, which enable internal and external boards, to understand the key drivers and make effective decisions
- Majority of time spent looking forward, ensuring MVF’s resources are allocated to highest value opportunities and aligned with our strategic objectives
- Amazing controls, systems and processes as BaU which mitigate risk and improve the finance (and wider) teams effectiveness (Finance “Cost Income Ratio” reducing as the business grows)
- Direct reports have clarity on objectives, key results and development opportunities.
Our Ideal MVFer:
- An established finance leader for a multi-functional finance team
- Strategic tax leadership in a global business environment
- Delivered comprehensive financial planning processes for a fast paced, private equity backed business
- Ultimate ownership of internal and external reporting and audit for a global business
- Experience of replatforming and integrating acquisitions
- Results oriented with a positive approach
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to juggle multiple demands and priorities.
- Self starter and motivator who thinks through problems logically and applies creative, commercial solutions.