Our Team and Role
MVF has strong growth in its organic revenues and excellent cash flows, and our strategic objective is to reinvest these cash flows to acquire complementary businesses. Over the past 4 years, MVF’s Corporate Development team has successfully acquired 5 companies and we have a number of other acquisitions in the current pipeline.
The Corporate Development Manager role is the sole dedicated M&A role within the business and provides a unique and exciting opportunity to help MVF shape its M&A strategy and practices in order to maintain a strong M&A function capable of multiple transactions each year.
The role will report directly into the CFO and enjoy direct communication with senior MVF stakeholders, including C-Suite executives.
MVF currently has a minority Private Equity investor and expects to raise capital in future and you are likely to play a leading role in this too.
M&A Strategy, Process and Target Identification:
- Contribute to MVF’s M&A strategy and develop a consistent framework for assessing acquisition target valuations, taking into account factors such as the target’s EBITDA, cash flow, growth rates, defensibility and risks, and MVF’s business case synergies
- Maintain a robust and proactive process for identification of acquisition targets through various channels, including but not limited to own research, and collaboration with MVF and external stakeholders
M&A Transaction Execution:
- Assess acquisition targets including working with MVF stakeholders to understand risks and opportunities. Assess valuations and propose deal structures. Develop MVF business cases in collaboration with MVF stakeholders
- Own financial model for a transaction to calculate MVF view of the business performance and returns, working with the relevant MDs on key assumptions
- Lead financial diligence of a transaction where deal size does not warrant third party adviser support
- Facilitate and project-manage other internal and external Due Diligence (Legal, Commercial, Tech, People, Operations)
- Build strong relationships with target companies, with internal stakeholders and contributors, and external advisors such as lawyers, bankers, and investors
- Prepare high quality papers/presentations to allow the board to understand the strategic rationale, financial appraisal and diligence conclusions of an acquisition.
- Prepare approval papers for lenders in accordance with MVF’s banking facilities.
Post Acquisition Support:
- Facilitate the development of integration plans for new acquisitions
MVF Capital Raising:
- Play a leading role in MVF’s core deal team (alongside MVF’s CEO, CFO and General Counsel) for future capital raising activities
What Success Looks Like:
- Clear and consistent basis for assessing and valuing potential acquisitions
- Strong pipeline of M&A targets under assessment
- Efficient M&A process from beginning to end
- Successful acquisitions that are well-integrated and deliver MVF’s business case
Our Ideal MVFer:
- 3-6 years’ of total experience in Transaction Services / M&A Advisory / Corporate Development
- Very strong academics
- Very strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret data, generate insights, and construct solutions
- Experience with financial due diligence
- Exceptional excel and modelling experience, and excellent eye for detail
- Excellent, professional communicator
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and staff
- To be able to work to deadlines with minimum supervision and to use initiative
MVF is a global customer generation business, supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 100 countries. MVF is one of the world’s leading customer generation companies. Since winning the 2013 Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing UK tech company (with 3-year average annual growth of 278%), our company has grown 8-fold in size again. We now employ over 500 people in the UK and USA, and run marketing activities in more than 50 countries. Our vision is to transform how businesses find new customers and to achieve that, we are on a mission to build the world’s most effective customer generation platform.
Through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. We want you to help us get there!
Our MVF Values
Company culture is at the heart of our success, and that is why MVF was recognised as the #1 Best Company to Work for in the UK in the 2020 Sunday Times Best Companies Awards. We are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better place to work. As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do, ensuring all of our people are driving to be world class, constantly innovating and inspiring positivity in their colleagues. We don’t just talk about our values, we live them.
- Drive to be world class
- Work smart & deliver fast
- Love innovation
- Help others succeed
- Earn trust
- Inspire positivity
If you've like what you've heard so far and have the potential to help us create the world's most effective customer generation platform through successful M&A activities then apply now.