The Conversions Team are a 14-strong team of CRO experts which owns the performance of tens of thousands of monetizable pages that generate over 9m leads each year.
Conversion rate is a hugely important profit lever for us, and we are looking to invest significantly to build out the people and technology capability in this important area.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Optimisation Manager to lead a CRO team that works across some of our key brands to deliver significant revenue growth through a comprehensive and systematic application of a robust CRO methodology.
Working collaboratively with colleagues from Marketing and Commercial teams, UX, Data, Tech, and Compliance you’ll manage a team of CRO experts with ultimate accountability for:
- Working with senior stakeholders to define local business objectives and develop/agree effective Trading Hub CRO strategies
- Working with Managers to help define and deliver Trading Hub CRO roadmaps
- Ensuring local CRO roadmaps are in place, aligned to strategy, and executed against plan, with appropriate communication structures in place
- Setting and achieving meaningful team KPIs, objectives and milestones
- Contribute to the development of KPIs for the broader function and work with direct reports to cascade to MVFers within their sphere of influence.
- Providing feedback to leadership and holding peers to account based on their own KPIs and team performance, pushing for improvement if needed.
- Working with senior management to analyse resource requirements to achieve objectives and develop a business case for additional resources
- Ensuring all processes are measurably efficient and continuously improved where possible, working with Technology on automation opportunities
- Actively developing the external reputation and profile of their team and MVF
- Taking the lead on lead on bold, game-changing projects, driving the team to exploit new opportunities and delivering step changes in RPV
- Mentoring, supporting and training team members at all levels, including managers
- Recruiting, managing and developing a top-class team, ensuring roles, objectives and development plans are clear and in place
As well as outstanding CRO skills and a track record of delivering game-changing results, you’ll be a strong project manager with impeccable communications and the confidence and credibility to influence demanding stakeholders in a fast-paced environment. You will also be a strong leader, mentoring your team to achieve great things, while collaborating with and influencing senior stakeholders.
What Success Looks Like
Team KPIs are consistently met or exceeded: Revenue, impact and other agreed targets are met or exceeded; Opportunities are seized upon and exploited quickly.
CRO strategies are tailored and effective: Custom, data-driven CRO strategies are developed and implemented at a local level, addressing the specific needs of a given client, vertical or Hub.
Top-class talent is consistently identified and developed: Recruitment and new hire onboarding processes are strong and consistent; Team are actively coached and mentored, and feel supported in the development of their skills and experience; Team members’ career progression is in line with or ahead of expectations.
Team operates effectively and consistently improves: All team members have clarity around priorities and goals both within the team and the wider function; Team activities are well defined, responsibilities clearly understood and delivery meets appropriate timescales, quality and budget; New processes, ways of working, tools and techniques are consistently assessed, developed and shared across the team to improve performance.
Comprehensive pipelines of bold ideas: Substantial pipelines of bold ideas ensure coverage targets are hit or exceeded, increasing chances of delivering step-change improvements in RPV.
Communication is consistently effective: Strong relationships with senior stakeholders established and built on trust; clear feedback about experiment performance and pipeline status is given regularly.
Silo working is challenged and eliminated: Collaboration and cross-functional working is consistently role-modelled and deliver effective outcomes for MVF and colleagues.
Our Ideal MVF’er
- Has experience developing and implementing CRO strategies for multiple clients/businesses at the same time
- Is commercially aware and can identify big opportunities and potential threats
- Has experience of line managing a small-medium sized team, and will be able to hit the ground running managing our team of 7 CRO experts
- Has experience driving process and methodology improvements within a maturing CRO environment
- Has experience working with Product and Engineering teams to conceive, specify, and validate new customer-facing functionality
- Is highly data-driven, with a user-first approach to solving commercial challenges
- This is not a remote role, so the ideal candidate will be able to attend the office for the majority of their time once restrictions have lifted
- Has excellent logic and problem solving ability
- Is ambitious and likes to be challenged
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively and concisely
- Has a positive attitude and demonstrates tenacity in the face of obstacles
- Is able to make bold decisions and persuade stakeholders
- Inspires, mentors and supports colleagues in the CRO team and other areas of the business
- Has 3+ years experience of optimizing complex customer experience campaigns in high-velocity environments
- Is highly experienced in the ideation, development, set up and running of robust a/b tests
- Has knowledge across a range of CRO research and testing tools (Google Analytics, VWO, HotJar, Optimizely, Optimize, Adobe Target, etc.)
- Is comfortable with technical data analysis
- Understands the mechanics of user interfaces, best practices, use of colour and branding to maximise engagement & conversion
- Is methodical in their approach and will aid in refining and optimising our process and documentation for maximum efficiency, accuracy and velocity
- Can demonstrate a deep empathy for web users, understanding the visitor psyche, motivations, what drives people, blocks them and makes them tick