MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
MVF topped the Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing tech/media company in the UK, and we’ve been winning awards ever since; whether for growth, for excellence in marketing, or for innovation in other fields. At present, MVF is made up of 500+ amazing people in the UK and USA, and we’ll soon be launching our third regional office, this time in the APAC region.
Our focus on proprietary technology and multi-channel marketing expertise allows clients an unparalleled reach into new markets and channels, delivering engaged customers in real-time to fuel sustainable growth for some of the world’s most ambitious businesses.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. We want you to help us get there!
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and so we’re very proud to have been named the number 1 place to work in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List 2020. We are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better environment for all our people.
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do; from who we hire, to the work we do, to which businesses we partner with.
We don’t just talk about our values, we live them:
- Drive to be world class
- Work smart & deliver fast
- Love innovation
- Help others succeed
- Earn trust
- Inspire positivity
MVF’s rapid organic growth rate of nearly 50% is driven by a constant flow of new employees, products and clients. We are accelerating our growth through our US operations and we also plan to make acquisitions to compound this expansion.
The FP&A team is critical to positively fostering this growth by providing High Impact Analysis to MVF’s business leaders. We are seeking a FP&A Business Partner to take a pivotal role in supporting MVF’s planning and analysis needs as our business continues through its exciting growth phase.
You will play a key role in ensuring that high quality financial plans and forecasts are available to the management team and shareholders to support effective decision making. You will be responsible for MVF’s Planning and Budgeting process across all divisions and Business Partnering with the core B2 business (London and Austin). You will prepare reforecasts each quarter across MVF, analysing performance and partnering with senior management to support commercial decisions.
You will also support senior management in building Business Cases for investment throughout the year and manage the workforce plan for their divisions. You will identify opportunities and spot performance issues which will help accelerate growth and avoid risks. You will work on continuous process improvement to increase efficiency.
This is very much a strategic role. Information and analysis are the beginning, but what really matters is your ability to see the value in the information you provide and to inspire others to make use of it.
‘FP&A sits at the heart of the MVF decision making process and supports its rapid growth and success.’
Business Planning to enable growth:
- Responsible for running the annual Business Plan process, supporting management to formulate their plans and financial forecasts, analysing the numbers, preparing commentary and suggesting initiatives and challenges.
- Robustly challenging teams plans to reach an achievable and highly commercial plan/budget and preparing high quality final reports & analyses to enable senior management and the Board to properly understand the components of the plan and key judgements.
- Leading the quarterly forecasting process to give early visibility of future financial performance and making recommendations to help achieve and beat target performance.
- Maintaining and managing MVF’s workforce & hiring plans, liaising with the talent team, hiring managers and senior management.
- Business Partnering with Directors to create Business Cases for investments for senior management approval throughout the year
Decision Support & driving change:
- Through close interaction with management teams, actively identify, prioritise and deliver project work to drive better performance, support management decision making and drive our long term strategies. The nature of these projects will be ad hoc in nature, and lead by the business need, but could include:
- Client or supplier contract negotiations, including rebates
- Bonus structures
- Investment in new products
- Ensure project workflow is transparent and stakeholder expectations are effectively managed
- Capturing plans and initiatives and driving delivery - for example, implementation of cost efficiency tasks
Management Information & Analysis
- Preparing analysis and presenting at monthly Divisional Optimisation Meetings (“DOM”)
- Building and maintaining MVF wide KPI Reporting pack to be reviewed with Senior Directors
- Support with other ad hoc project work as required
- Contribute to FP&A team roadmap and plans
What Success Looks Like:
- A trusted adviser, directly supporting decision makers to reach informed conclusions
- Becoming a sounding board for a wide range of issues - from resource planning through to contract negotiation
- Always looking forward, pro-actively helping to identify opportunities and shaping business cases
- Influencing decisions and directly contributing to continuously improving business performance
- Advising on strategy development and execution based on deep business understanding and utilising internal & external information sources
Our Ideal MVFer:
- Loves building financial models in Excel including complex formulae and high data volumes
- A creative thinker who loves and embraces change
- Great at innovating systems, optimising and automating processes
- Personable and effective communicator with strong presentation skills
- Builds strong and lasting relationships and is able to negotiate effectively to facilitate change and resolve conflict
- An excellent project manager
- CIMA or ACCA are desirable