MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
MVF topped the Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing tech/media company in the UK, and we’ve been winning awards ever since; whether for growth, for excellence in marketing, or for innovation in other fields. At present, MVF is made up of 500+ amazing people in the UK and USA, and we’ll soon be launching our third regional office, this time in the APAC region.
Our focus on proprietary technology and multi-channel marketing expertise allows clients an unparalleled reach into new markets and channels, delivering engaged customers in real-time to fuel sustainable growth for some of the world’s most ambitious businesses.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. We want you to help us get there!
MVF’s rapid organic growth rate of nearly 50% is driven by a constant flow of new employees, products and clients. We are accelerating our growth through our US operations and we also plan to make acquisitions to compound this expansion.
The FP&A team is critical to positively fostering this growth by providing High Impact Analysis to MVF’s business leaders. We are seeking a Commercial Finance Analyst to take a pivotal role in supporting MVF’s planning and analysis needs as our business continues through its exciting growth phase.
‘FP&A sits at the heart of the MVF decision making process and supports its rapid growth and success.’
You will own Commercial Finance processes and be responsible for timely and accurate delivery of key reports and analysis. You will be responsible for Commercial Finance support for the FD, Head of FP&A & Business Partners. You will support Business Partners in analysing performance of each division and help develop new pieces of analysis. You will work on continuous process improvement to increase efficiency.
Management Information & Analysis
- Producing weekly trading update to support decision making (and continuously improving this process)
- Supporting FD, Head of FP&A, Business Partners and MDs with reports and insightful analysis including building new excel models and Looker (web-based data analytics) dashboards
- Producing Monthly reporting pack for Contact Centre
Staff planning and related processes
- Maintaining our monthly group wide cost forecasts and improving the process for updating staff costs and headcount projections
- Supporting the Workforce Plan (i.e. hiring & recruitment) process and liaising with the People team
- Managing Bonus calculation process for Contact Centre & Sales Teams
- Producing monthly headcount reports for Board reporting pack
Planning, decision support and financial modelling
- Contributing to sales forecasting processes and building forecasting models
- Supporting Annual Plan/Budget production (including Rev/GP/OPEX/Workforce Plan) - liaising with relevant business units
- Supporting MDs with a variety of decision support activities, such as financial modeling different scenarios and building business cases for investment opportunities
- Becoming a super user on Adaptive Planning (our finance planning tool) - continuously improving and maintaining the Adaptive Planning model
- Reviewing cost budgets with budget holders and providing regular updates on actuals vs budget
- Support with other ad hoc project work as required
What Success Looks Like:
- A trusted adviser, directly supporting decision makers to reach informed conclusions
- Becoming a sounding board for a wide range of issues - from resource planning through to contract negotiation
- Always looking forward, pro-actively helping to identify opportunities and shaping business cases
- Influencing decisions and directly contributing to continuously improving business performance
- Advising on strategy development and execution based on deep business understanding and utilising internal & external information sources
Our Ideal MVFer:
- Loves building financial models in excel including complex formulae, automated worksheets and high data volumes
- You’re exceptionally detail-oriented and data-driven
- Great at innovating systems, optimising and automating processes
- Personable and effective communicator with strong presentation skills
- Builds strong and lasting relationships - you’ll love helping others and take great satisfaction from supporting projects
- You’re highly numerate, and ideally have exposure to management accounting - CIMA or ACCA are desirable
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and so we’re very proud to have been named the number 1 place to work in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List 2020. We are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better environment for all our people.
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do; from who we hire, to the work we do, to which businesses we partner with.
We don’t just talk about our values, we live them:
- Drive to be world class
- Work smart & deliver fast
- Love innovation
- Help others succeed
- Earn trust
- Inspire positivity
Apply now to get involved!