The PR and Communications team is a small but dynamic team of creative communications professionals. With a growing and important workload we work effectively and collaboratively to deliver a diverse array of projects for teams all over the business. We enjoy working with others, helping to reach shared aims and combining strategic thinking with creative flair to deliver against commercial objectives.
The Role - Fixed Term Contract
This is an exciting and broad-reaching PR role at the heart of a fast growing business.
With complete ownership of all public relations activities you will need to develop and launch a calendar of regular campaigns to promote MVF and its leadership.
You will be responsible for ensuring that MVF is positioned as a leader in tech, marketing and people and that the right messages land in front of the right stakeholders, including; investors, clients, our people and potential hires.
You will also be responsible for safeguarding our brands; playing an active role in our Business Conduct Committee- identifying any potential risks and working with our legal and marketing teams to mitigate these risks. You will also be the lead on any potential crises and be a point of contact for any reputational issues that may arise across the business.
Working with the Head of Internal Communications you will also be responsible for contributing to an engaging series of social media content; including overseeing a pipeline of thought leadership content from MVFers, as well as sharing relevant business news to our audiences.
- Accountable for a strategy that positively fosters and safeguards MVF and our brands’ reputation
- Use media to promote MVF’s mission, vision and values and tell our story authentically to external audiences
- Build the profile of MVF leadership using both our own social presence and external publications and position us as industry leaders in customer generation, tech, marketing and people
- Build and maintain relationships with key journalists in the sector
- Monitor and report on PR coverage for MVF to relevant stakeholders
- Deliver an ambitious awards strategy that celebrates a cross-section of teams in MVF
- Lead on PR crisis management and mitigation - consulting with marketing teams to check copy, dealing with ad-hoc complaints (along with the legal team), lead on media response and any crisis comms issues that may arise
- Attend and be an active member of the Business Conduct Committee; advising the business on reputational threats and mitigating PR risks
- M&A communications and business announcements where appropriate
What Success Looks Like:
- MVF positioned as leader in customer generation, tech, marketing and people
- Relied upon as authority on safeguarding MVF’s reputation
- Strong relationships with key leadership and understanding of MVF’s business plan and how media strategy can support that
- Huge trophy cabinet with high shortlisting and win rate for awards
- Clear and effective process for safeguarding against negative media
Our Ideal MVFer:
- Experienced media lead with proven track record of creating stories, campaigns and concepts that tap into the right media and audience
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment and comfortable juggling a variety of important projects concurrently
- Happy to work independently; managing own priorities and developing and delivering own campaigns from start to finish
- Proven experience using communications and creativity to deliver against the business’s wider goals
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and work with teams to tell their stories
- Collaborative worker who can bring together expertise from other teams to create new solutions for MVF
- Confident and decisive in a crisis
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 40 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world-class teams. We want you to help us get there!
What will happen next?
Even though we are not currently in the office, MVF is actively recruiting with the Talent Team on hand to answer any questions and update you throughout the process:
Your application will be reviewed and if suitable, you will complete a telephone call with a member of our Talent Team who will then discuss the relevant next steps with you.