We are looking for a new Editor for StartUps, a leading digital resource for UK businesses.
For more than 20 years, StartUps has been helping people create and grow new businesses through a combination of expert advice, ideas and inspiration for entrepreneurs.
As Editor, you’ll lead the development of the StartUps brand by building its reputation and profile in the market, generating and publishing creative content ideas and shaping and executing a successful strategy.
With a track record of successful audience development in B2B or B2C markets, you’ll have experience in leading an editorial team as well as working effectively with key stakeholders in other teams.
StartUps is one of a number of brands owned by MVF, an award-winning customer generation business. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List.
- Develop a deep understanding of the target audience and market trends
- Create an editorial strategy that caters for audience needs and supports our business growth objectives
- Overall ownership for content strategy and pipeline for StartUps
- Lead, direct and motivate the editorial team, setting clear goals and objectives
- Contribute to a strong, positive culture at MVF, to attract, motivate, develop and retain talent
- Establish your position in the market through networking, thought leadership and PR
- Responsibility for traffic and conversion performance
- Monthly reporting on team activity and brand performance
Skills & Experience
- Leadership experience as an Editor, Deputy Editor or Senior Editor
- Demonstrable experience of building an audience on digital platforms
- Strong understanding of SEO and social platforms
- Social media strategy and audience development experience
- Good working knowledge of Google Analytics and relevant search/analytics tools
- Background in content creation for a media brand would be an advantage
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and ample opportunity for growth and development.
- We take learning seriously here at MVF - you'll receive a yearly £1,000 training budget, unlimited book allowance and have access to our company library and online learning resources.
- You perform best when you're at your best! To aid this we have a range of mental and physical wellbeing initiatives in place (all online for the moment, of course) - including a free membership to Headspace and free Mental Health coaching sessions.
- Start your day off right with our plethora of breakfast choices including 9 different types of milk, chia seeds, fresh fruit, coconut yoghurt, sourdough bread and lots of cereal!
- Keep topped up throughout the day with fresh fruit and nuts.
- We're a sociable bunch and have a social committee that arranges quarterly socials - think adult ball pits and 90s themed parties (we can't wait to start doing these again!)
If you love working with smart, friendly and passionate people, look no further. MVF fosters a culture of learning and innovation where people are the makers of their own future – please apply now.