Our London-based engineering team, one of several within MVF’s Technology team, builds and supports MVF’s form delivery product. We deliver highly performant forms built in React/Redux to a large number of MVF built, external websites, supporting compliant data gathering and multivariate testing among other features.
We are a team of four engineers with a roughly equal frontend and backend focus, one product manager and one engineering manager. We also closely collaborate with other engineering and business teams on projects we deliver. Due to one internal move, and one move abroad, we are currently hiring for 2 engineer roles within the team.
MVF’s Technology team vision is to create the world's leading digital marketing platform that drives long-term client growth, and as a technology and data driven business we recognise the key role outstanding engineers play in helping us achieve it.
We expect much of MVF’s growth to come from great ideas our team members generate, with our collaborative approach accelerating their delivery. We strongly believe it is our team that can deliver this impact.
The engineering team delivers the unique set of bespoke products which have contributed to MVF being recently recognised as the UK's Fastest Growing Tech Firm.
This role offers the opportunity to work in an agile team where you can contribute to the whole development life cycle: planning, design, implementation, testing, documentation, deployment, and maintenance.
Most of your time will be spent working on our team’s core product, a form delivery product using React/Redux.
Day-to-day, you will:
Code—build new features, improve our technology and architecture, support & fix bugs, and reduce tech debt
Collaborate—participate in standup, refinement, planning, pairing and retrospective
Coach—upskill teammates and likewise learn from others
As an investment in your growth and learning, you are entitled to a yearly training budget.
We have clear values that inform everything we do, from who we hire, to the work we do, to which businesses we partner with.
- Drive to be world class—champion best practices; advocate sensible testing; consider the value, risk, and long-term support of code
- Work smart & deliver fast—thrive in a collaborative team where discussion is encouraged; facilitate the planning and execution of work with the team to deliver quality work on time
- Love innovation—love learning; implement new technologies and methodologies (but be OK with supporting older projects and contributing to a healthy code base)
- Help others succeed—find ways to share your knowledge with others
- Earn trust—communicate clearly and respectfully with your team and non-technical stakeholders; be helpful and honest
- Inspire positivity—present solutions rather than problems
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t ‘tick all the boxes.’
- Create highly performant applications using React
- Manage your React application’s state and side-effects using technologies such as Redux
- Write unit/functional/end-to-end tests
- Write good documentation and architecture diagrams
- Code comfortably in imperative, functional or object oriented styles, choosing the appropriate style for the task
- Use GIT and the command line effectively
- Strong frontend design / architecture skills
- Strong Responsive Design skills
- CSS Preprocessor languages (LESS / SASS) and tools (Gulp / Grunt)
- Testing frameworks and tools (Jasmine, Jest)
- Experience of working in lean and agile teams with strong focus on continuous improvement
- Having a solid understanding of page load optimisation and page performance
- Excellent attention to detail
- Can take an Epic, understand and plan the technical approach and break this down into smaller stories with the team
- Regularly collaborate with stakeholders to discover business needs
- Plan, estimate and deliver work according to value, working with Product and Engineering managers
- Mentor, grow and inspire other engineers
- Seek feedback and make good decisions based on available evidence
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 40 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world-class teams. We want you to help us get there!