MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries.
Our focus on proprietary technology and multi-channel marketing expertise allows clients an unparalleled reach into new markets and channels, delivering engaged customers in real-time to fuel sustainable growth for some of the world’s most ambitious businesses.
In 2013 MVF was named the fastest growing UK tech and media company by the Sunday Times, and we haven’t stopped growing since. At present, MVF is made up of 500+ amazing people in the UK and USA, and the Netherlands.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. We want you to help us get there!
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and so we’re very proud to have been judged as the UK’s No1. Company to work for in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List 2019, and we are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better environment for all our people.
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do; from who we hire, to the work we do, to which businesses we partner with.
We don’t just talk about our values, we live them:
- Drive to be world class
- Work smart & deliver fast
- Love innovation
- Help others succeed
- Earn trust
- Inspire positivity
The People Team are a united team of culture champions who help drive and accelerate MVF’s growth. We’re committed to inspiring, developing and enabling our people in an environment where their voices are heard, they can do their best work and are proud to belong. The People Team comprises of People Experience, Talent, Talent Brand, Learning & Development and Space & Facilities.
The People Experience (PX) team is a group of multidisciplinary experts responsible for shaping the employee experience of our MVFers.
Our Austin office opened in 2015 as a strategic decision to rapidly expand within the US. Because our service has such transparent ROI, we work closely with our partners to devise a tailored strategy that suits their requirements and delivers the right volume of customers at the right time. The service we provide extends beyond tapping into a new customer base. Our team work with clients to help them improve close rates after we have delivered customers and support their teams to make sure they get the most from our leads.
Reporting to the Senior People Partner in the UK, you will be a key member of the People Experience team, performing a generalist role covering business partnering, engagement, wellbeing, inclusion and workspace. You will contribute to company wide People Projects and deliver world class People strategies and initiatives within the US . You will also work with the Head of Talent to provide day to day management support for the Senior Resourcer.
Locally, you will work collaboratively with the US Leadership Team, Group Sales Director, Americas MD, Senior People Partner, Senior Resourcer and People Leadership Team to create and implement of a US focused People Plan, supporting the leadership team to achieve commercial goals, creating and maintaining a culture that delivers an outstanding People Experience.
We like to do things differently in the People team so you need to be ready to think creatively and tackle old challenges in new ways.
- Partner with the US team across all levels, including Director and Executive Board stakeholders.
- Champion of MVF’s culture delivering pragmatic commercial advice that does not compromise our culture or aim of delivering an outstanding people experience.
- Build strong partnerships and act as a confidante, coach, strategic advisor and constructive challenger to the US Leadership Team.
- Collaborate widely to develop, implement and measure the success of a relevant, innovative US People Plan which is aligned to the global MVF People Team Plan and Roadmap.
- Manage organisational change programmes within your client groups including organisation design.
- Support US M&A activity, specifically managing the integration of new team members into the US team and acting as an ambassador of our culture during any M&A process.
- Play a key role in the annual Talent & Salary Review process within your client group working with directors to identify stars and with the L&D Partner to determine solutions that develop MVF’s future stars.
- Facilitate and support the development, implementation and review of the US Career Pathways.
- Work with our Reward Partner and Senior Resourcer to ensure that the US salary benchmarks remain competitive and allow us to hire the best talent.
- Responsible for all employee relations matters for the US including managing disciplinary/grievance issues.
- A legal subject matter expert in both federal and state employment law, identifying and briefing relevant stakeholders on risk and providing practical advice to deal with arising situations
- Work with the Learning and Development Partner to drive the Growth Conversation process and support identification of training needs of the US office.
- Work with our Health & Wellbeing Partner to ensure that there is a consistent and relevant US Be Well Strategy rolled out and measured regularly for effectiveness.
- Manage absence issues including case management of any long-term absences.
- Takes the lead on Responsible Business in the US in alignment and collaboration with the global Responsible Business Plan. Works with Responsible Business sub-owners to ensure that we hit the relevant targets assigned for the US.
- Develop reporting from the HRMS including key metrics to inform and support business decisions and to analyse the success of interventions and initiatives.
Engagement and Inclusion
- In collaboration with the Head of Talent Brand you will take responsibility for communicating US survey results (using our agreed survey provider and in accordance with our engagement calendar). You will work with US Leadership to support and drive employee engagement initiatives within the US.
- You will facilitate and drive improvements in our diversity and inclusion US objectives year on year.
- Provide day to day managerial support and development for the Senior Resourcer to deliver against their role description to a high performing level.
- Meet regularly with Head of Talent & Senior Resourcer to understand US resourcing requirements and agree a data and content led Resource and Talent Plan that will result in attracting, engaging and selecting world class talent.
- Work with the Senior Resourcer to make sure they have a clear understanding of the role requirements in order to find suitably qualified candidates.
- Oversee the onboarding administration for all new starters including ensuring the PEO is meeting the relevant service level agreements and our benefits offering remains competitive.
What Success Looks Like:
- Delivery of core People Team projects in line with the US plan and our Roadmap
- Successfully balance the needs and priorities of local stakeholders with that of the People Team priorities
- People Plans developed and delivered for US office in line with global People Roadmap
- Metrics pointing to successful implementation of initiatives
- Positive internal stakeholder feedback and positive profile with senior management.
- Operates with light touch guidance in a very autonomous way
- Strong communicator, understanding when and how to share relevant information, providing stakeholders enough information so they can input and remain informed of decisions
- Senior Resourcer is operating within their KPIs
Our Ideal MVFer:
- Has a global, collaborative mindset, able to operate in a fast-paced, matrix structure
- An established HR generalist working in a progressive environment, and likely to be already operating at Business Partner or Manager level.
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo and is comfortable taking a new approach.
- Enjoys delivering presentations and is comfortable communicating with groups of all sizes, as well as individuals.
- Must be highly commercial - able to demonstrate experience of successfully developing and delivering innovative People solutions and strategies whilst balancing commercial needs and risk/compliance requirements.
- Strong working knowledge and experience of US federal employment law and Texan state law. Knowledge of Boston state law would be a bonus.
- Ideally already an accredited HR professional (or close to completing studies)
- Gets things done quickly and with minimal supervision.
- Is happy taking the lead on things and recognising what is valuable.
- Highly organised with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Willing to provide challenge and radical candor as much as support.
- A role model of discretion, confidentiality, our MVF values and leadership.