The Legal and Compliance Team at MVF is responsible for all legal, regulatory and compliance matters globally, including the UK, Europe, US, and other jurisdictions.
The team supports all departments, and all levels of the business, with a broad range of commercial, corporate and other work. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to; commercial contracts, company secretarial, intellectual property, marketing and advertising, data protection & privacy, and financial services/regulated products.
We are also heavy contributors to the exciting M&A work that MVF is involved in.
What we can offer you:
- Individual training budget to spend on professional development
- Flexible, family first environment
- A business that is committed to your personal growth as well as our own
- Free healthy breakfast daily (once we’re back in the office, of course!)
- Sports and culture clubs including, but not limited to; Yoga, Movie club, Football, Personal Trainer sessions (currently these are taking place online!)
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team providing a really key function to not only the team, but to the wider business. We work across all of MVF, building strong relationships with internal clients on a broad range of multi-jurisdictional commercial work. We help MVF to achieve its vision by providing sound commercial advice on all aspects of growth, from optimising internal processes and training the business, to entering new markets and adapting to the ever-changing legal landscape. In our team, there isn’t a single area of the business that you’re not exposed to. You’ll have lots of opportunities to tackle things independently whilst being part of a collegiate and supportive team!
- Client & supplier facing - reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts with clients, partners, and suppliers across the globe (including NDAs, service agreements and data protection agreements). Supporting the commercial teams with queries and often joining client calls!
- Internally facing - advising and supporting the business on a wide variety of commercial matters that involve identifying and managing legal risks within the business; liaising with key stakeholders in the business regarding contract terms; responding to ad-hoc queries from the business.
- Marketing & IP - supporting the marketing teams in creating innovative global marketing content that’s compliant; advising them on the advertising rules e.g. UK CAP Code, the US FTC rules and more.
- Legal administration - maintaining and updating standard contracts and other documentation, including privacy policies and website terms and conditions. Independently managing 'know your customer', insurance and corporate documentation; effectively managing a number of different stakeholders to meet deadlines.
- Training - preparing and delivering training sessions and materials for the business on a broad range of general commercial matters, including advertising and marketing, data protection, commercial contracts, and contract management.
- Legal Research - undertaking legal research (e.g. legal risks and challenges in other jurisdictions) and creating easy-to-read training documents that can be used by the business.
- Corporate - supporting the business with a wide range of corporate administration matters including filings and drafting board minutes, shareholder resolutions, investor consents and other corporate documents.
What Success Looks Like:
- Assisting in improving the client and partner onboarding process
- Supporting in the roll-out of various internal initiatives such as training and compliance with upcoming legislation
- Supporting the commercial teams as the business enters new industries and markets.
- Build trusting relationships with internal clients across the business.
Our Ideal MVFer:
- At least 1-2 years of experience as a paralegal (preferably with in-house experience).
- Positive, enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently, as well as within teams.
- Excellent rapport & relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- A team player who works for the success of the wider Legal Team and MVF, and is eager to share their knowledge and network.
- Commercially focussed with an interest in data privacy and the Tech/Digital Marketing space.
- Shows initiative, takes responsibility and thinks creatively to develop and roll out new projects.
- Flexible, adaptable to change, highly organised, able to prioritise workload effectively and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
MVF topped the Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing tech/media company in the UK, and we’ve been winning awards ever since; whether for growth, for excellence in marketing, or for innovation in other fields. At present, MVF is made up of 500+ amazing people in the UK and USA, and we’ll soon be launching our third regional office, this time in the APAC region.
Our focus on proprietary technology and multi-channel marketing expertise allows clients an unparalleled reach into new markets and channels, delivering engaged customers in real-time to fuel sustainable growth for some of the world’s most ambitious businesses.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. We want you to help us get there!
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and so we’re very proud to have been named the number 1 place to work in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List 2020. We are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better environment for all our people.
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do; from who we hire, to the work we do, to which businesses we partner with.
We don’t just talk about our values, we live them:
- Drive to be world class
- Work smart & deliver fast
- Love innovation
- Help others succeed
- Earn trust
- Inspire positivity
If you like what you've seen so far, we'd love to hear from you to discuss in more detail. We have some really exciting growth plans (yes, despite Covid!) and we'd love you to be a part of it. Apply now.