MVF’s Technology team vision is to create the world's leading digital marketing platform that drives long-term client growth, and as a technology and data driven business we recognise the key role outstanding engineers play in helping us achieve it.
We expect much of MVF’s growth to come from great ideas our team members generate, with our collaborative approach accelerating their delivery. We strongly believe it is our team that can deliver this impact.
The engineering team delivers the unique set of bespoke products which have contributed to MVF being recently recognised as the UK's Fastest Growing Tech Firm.
You’ll use your technical aptitude and engineering experience to ensure that our engineering teams have the skills, tools and direction they need to deliver and support their platforms in the production environment. You’ll work closely with our product teams to ensure our products are resilient, reliable and automatically deployable. You’ll work across all aspects of our delivery pipeline and infrastructure, to design, implement and support our Continuous Delivery pipelines. You’ll evangelise “infrastructure as code” and work to automate wherever possible to remove manual processes
- Build and maintain infrastructure and hosting platform
- Contribute in strategic architecture conversations with Lead Engineers and Engineering Manager to define the future of the hosting environment
- Work alongside the Lead Engineers and Engineering Manager to define strategic approaches to engineering problems
- Effective cost management to identify investment and/or savings opportunities
- Occasionally help with building and maintaining our data engineering infrastructure
- Stay up to speed with industry best practice
- Design and build hosting solutions to support the engineering teams
- Assist with problem-solving and product support as required
What Success Looks Like:
- Hosting platform is robust, scalable, cost-effective and includes industry best practices around scalability and automation
- Hosting platform and cost model can flex to accommodate experimentation by engineering and platform teams
- Effective monitoring and alerting
- 99.99% platform - minimal unplanned outages
Our Ideal MVFer:
- Proponent of Continuous Delivery and demonstrable commercial experience working with a CI/CD pipeline(s)
- Delights in readable, well-designed, well-tested scripts (programming experience required)
- Experience across all aspects of infrastructure management - logging, monitoring, database management/migration
- Experience with Docker/ECS or similar containerisation platform
- Demonstrable commercial experience with “infrastructure as code”, ideally using Terraform, Cloudformation and Chef (Ruby)
- Familiarity with security best practices
- Experience with or desire to learn Data Engineering
Bonus points for:
- Experience with tuning Wordpress or a CMS and performance using CDN (Fastly/Cloudfront/Cloudflare)
- Experience of disaster recovery planning / “chaos” testing
- Experience designing resilient networks & infrastructure
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 40 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world-class teams. We want you to help us get there!