MVF’s Technology team vision is to create the world's leading digital marketing platform that drives long-term client growth, and as a technology and data driven business we recognise the key role outstanding engineers play in helping us achieve it.
We expect much of MVF’s growth to come from great ideas our team members generate, with our collaborative approach accelerating their delivery. We strongly believe it is our team that can deliver this impact.
The engineering team delivers the unique set of bespoke products which have contributed to MVF being recently recognised as the UK's Fastest Growing Tech Firm.
You can choose to work from home as much as you prefer, but you are expected to come to the office twice a month. One of the in-office days is a team day where the whole team comes together and the other is a department day. This policy will start when it’s safe for most businesses to return to the office and not to work from home, as per government advice.
You’ll bring your technical aptitude and engineering experience to bear on complex problems, solving them alongside a team of talented colleagues to rapidly deliver the right solution.
In this role, you can expect to be working on some of our most business critical applications that help facilitate our lead processing , lead management, lead distribution as well as our legal and compliance obligations. The team’s current mission focus at the moment is to ensure absolute confidence in our approach to data protection and privacy through a number of initiatives we have mapped out to help ensure our business is “Bulletproof” . If you enjoy the challenges presented through seeking to enable high availability , scalability , security and compliance then we would love to hear from you.
In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to work across any and all of our platforms that would include but not be limited to our lead capture applications and client portal. We positively encourage our people to move teams and try new things - and you’ll work with the team to define and implement the future architecture for our products.
You can expect to be fully involved in the team from day one, including code reviews and daily standups,and you’ll be involved in discussions around delivery of current and upcoming team tasks. By the end of your first week you will have submitted your first pull request, successfully passed the code review process and deployed your first changes into production.
- Working with junior & senior team members to discuss, design and build software
- Deliver tested, working software in line with product requirements
- Occasionally working with business teams to identify & solve issues with existing software
- Deploying new versions of platforms into staging and/or production environments
- Engaging with the wider engineering and technical team to make MVF a better place to work
What Success Looks Like:
- Supporting your teammates in the delivery of quality working code on-time and to specification with a minimum of bugs
- Regular engagement with the product management team to identify solutions, discuss solutions and showcase features you’ll have been working on
- Participation in daily standups, planning sessions and retrospectives with the engineering team
Our Ideal MVFer:
- Demonstrable experience of commercial development
- Lean/Agile environment exposure, with continual improvement focus
- Demonstrably strong coding background in PHP & MySQL with one of the leading frameworks (e.g Laravel)
- Experience of producing code supported by automated tests and an understanding of why they’re good (Unit and Functional testing)
- Experience working with Docker development environment
- Commercial awareness of business impact alongside engineering excellence
- Clear ability to prioritise tasks and drive them through to completion
Bonus points for...
- Exposure to architecture and/or AWS-based development
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 40 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world-class teams. We want you to help us get there!
- £1000 annual personal training and development budget
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity benefits
- Flexi-time and Remote working options
- Life Assurance, Health and Wellness Benefits
- Sports and Culture clubs including, but not limited to Yoga, Movie club, Football, Personal Trainer sessions (currently these are taking place on-line)