MVF’s Technology team vision is to create the world's leading digital marketing platform that drives long-term client growth, and as a technology and data driven business we recognise the key role outstanding engineers play in helping us achieve it.
We expect much of MVF’s growth to come from great ideas our team members generate, with our collaborative approach accelerating their delivery. We strongly believe it is our team that can deliver this impact.
The engineering team delivers the unique set of bespoke products which have contributed to MVF being recently recognised as the UK's Fastest Growing Tech Firm.
You’ll bring your technical aptitude and engineering experience to bear on complex customer-facing problems, solving them alongside a team of talented colleagues to rapidly deliver the right solution. You’ll have the opportunity to work across any and all of our platforms - we positively encourage our people to move teams and try new things - and you’ll work with the team to define and implement the future architecture for our products.
As a lead engineer, you can expect to be fully involved at a high level in the team from day one, including code reviews and daily standups, and you’ll be leading discussions around delivery, architecture and software design of current and upcoming technical work. You’ll lead the technical approach to problem solving, defining solutions alongside the engineering manager, and will have the technical background and communication skills to mentor more junior team members as required.
- Working with the engineering team to discuss, design and build software
- Leading architecture and complex solution design sessions
- Balancing technical debt and innovation
- Deliver tested, working software in line with product requirements - solving the “hard problems”
- Working with business teams to identify & solve issues with existing software
- Deploying new versions of platforms into pre-live and/or live environments
- Engaging with the wider engineering and technical team to make MVF a better place to work
What Success Looks Like:
- Delivering working code on-time and to specification with a minimum of bugs
- Regular engagement with the product management team to identify and discuss solutions and features
- Leading architecture discussion to identify and define solutions in conjunction with the Engineering Manager
- Participation in standups, planning sessions and other agile ceremonies with the engineering team
- Mentoring of junior staff
- “Thought leader” for technical approaches
Our Ideal MVFer:
- Solid track record of commercial development in PHP & MySQL
- Lean/Agile environment exposure, with continual improvement focus
- Demonstrable experience of TDD/BDD - and the benefits (or otherwise!)
- Commercial awareness of business impact alongside engineering excellence
- Clear ability to prioritise tasks and drive them through to completion
- Experience of solution architecture and AWS-based development
Bonus points for...
- Experience of another development language (e.g. Node.js)
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 40 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world-class teams. We want you to help us get there!