Our London-based team is made up of five wonderfully skilled individuals from all over the world—Brazil, The Netherlands, Scotland, South Africa, and Sri Lanka. Our roles include Front-End and Back-End Engineers, a Lead Engineer, and an Engineering Manager. We’re a diverse team and we’re proud of our inclusive culture. Everyone is welcome.
We collaborate closely with our Product Manager to build our products. We work hard and we love to share our knowledge with, and to learn from, all the other MVF tech teams—that’s why we encourage participation in our Tech Guild and Architecture meetings.
We also love to relax and celebrate our success. When things go ‘back to normal’ you might get loads of invites for lunches and after-work catch-ups over a drink or a stroll around our brand new office.
We are still working remotely, but we hope to return to the office in the near future when it’s safe. The office will soon be open for groups of volunteers. Our covid policies are informed by employee wellbeing surveys and government guidelines.
This role offers the opportunity to work in an agile team where you can contribute to the whole development life cycle: planning, design, implementation, testing, documentation deployment, and maintenance.
Most of your time will be spent working on our team’s core product, a marketing platform with a CPC revenue model.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Code—build new features, improve tech, fix bugs, and reduce tech debt
- Collaborate—participate in standup, planning, and retrospective
- Coach—upskill teammates and likewise learn from others
As an investment in your growth and learning, you are entitled to a yearly training budget.
We have clear values that inform everything we do, from who we hire, to the work we do, to which businesses we partner with.
- Drive to be world class—champion best practices; advocate sensible testing; consider the value, risk, and long-term support of code
- Work smart & deliver fast—thrive in a collaborative team where discussion is encouraged; facilitate the planning and execution of work with the team to deliver quality work on time
- Love innovation—love learning; implement new technologies and methodologies (but be OK with supporting older projects and contributing to a healthy code base)
- Help others succeed—find ways to share your knowledge with others
- Earn trust—communicate clearly and respectfully with your team and non-technical stakeholders; be helpful and honest
- Inspire positivity—present solutions rather than problems
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t ‘tick all the boxes.’
- Create applications using React and Node/Express
- Write concise PHP (7|8)
- Write unit/functional tests
- Write good documentation and architecture diagrams
- Configure Docker
- Use GIT effectively
- Use command line comfortably
- Write concise Bash scripts
- Diagnose server and caching issues (AWS, Memcached, Redis, Fastly)
- Configure DataDog
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 40 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world-class teams. We want you to help us get there!