MVF’s rapid organic growth rate is driven by a constant flow of new employees, products and clients. We are accelerating our growth through our US operations and we also look to make acquisitions to compound this expansion.
The Finance team is critical to positively fostering this growth by providing the information needs of the business through a world class team, processes and technology platform. Commensurate with these opportunities, we are seeking a Financial Accountant to take a visible role in supporting MVF’s reporting needs as our business complexity increases.
Use your financial know-how and commercial acumen to make a truly positive impact on our scaling business.
You will take a key role in ensuring that high quality financial information is available to the management team and shareholders to support effective decision making. You will deliver regular financial reporting (internal and external), ensure strong financial control, lead the statutory accounts and audit process, VAT and other tax reporting while also supporting a rolling program of system & process development. You’ll also support with other ad hoc strategic project work.
The ideal candidate for this role will be ACA qualified and will have already demonstrated a track record of excellence. They will be a high achiever with drive and energy who will work smart and deliver fast. The successful candidate will also have an extremely positive approach, be happy to challenge the status quo and thrive on change.
- Ownership of the general ledger, responsible for maintaining the chart of accounts, ensuring accurate postings, responsibility for month end close including journals
- Deliver high quality consolidated monthly financial reports for the management team and shareholder board, including liaising with business owners for relevant commentary & analysis
- Lead role for statutory reporting and audit and responsible for the preparation of the group accounts including overseas subsidiary
- Systems and Process Improvement & Control (balance sheet ownership, relentless innovation of internal controls, systems and processes, using technology to automate)
- Technical Accounting and support on any accounting policies, judgements and estimates
- Preparation of all Tax returns (Corporate Tax, VAT returns, PSA)
- Treasury support (liquidity & FX management, bank reporting)
- Support the team with ad hoc project work
What Success Looks Like:
- Accurate monthly financial reporting delivered within 4 working days of month end.
- Full monthly management information prepared for the board.
- Annual statutory reporting finalised within 3 months of year end with no audit adjustments.
- Ensure all compliance and tax deadlines documented and achieved.
- Process documentation always up to date and key controls evidenced.
- Improvements to current processes and methods
Our Ideal MVFer:
- ACA (or equivalent) qualified with excellent knowledge of UK GAAP
- Previous experience with monthly management accounts preparation
- Demonstrated experience of leading the statutory accounts and audit process for a large group
- Loves excel including complex formulae, pivot tables and high data volumes
- Great at innovating systems, optimising and automating processes
- Personable and effective communicator
- Solid understanding of Corporation Tax and VAT
- High achiever with drive and energy who will work smart and deliver fast
- Positive approach, thrives on change, happy to challenge the status quo
If you have a true passion for accounting and are driven to learn, develop and become world class through innovative, data savvy decisions, then please apply.