MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
MVF topped the Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing tech/media company in the UK, and we’ve been winning awards ever since; whether for growth, for excellence in marketing, or for innovation in other fields. At present, MVF is made up of 500+ amazing people in the UK and USA, and we’ll soon be launching our third regional office, this time in the APAC region.
Our focus on proprietary technology and multi-channel marketing expertise allows clients an unparalleled reach into new markets and channels, delivering engaged customers in real-time to fuel sustainable growth for some of the world’s most ambitious businesses.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. We want you to help us get there! #IND1
Company culture is very important to us, and so we’re very proud to have been named the number 1 place to work in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List 2020. We are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better environment for all our people.
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do; from who we hire, to the work we do, to which businesses we partner with.
We don’t just talk about our values, we live them:
- Drive to be world class
- Work smart & deliver fast
- Love innovation
- Help others succeed
- Earn trust
- Inspire positivity
The Publishing team is responsible for MVF’s digital brands and is tasked with growing and engaging relevant audiences through brilliant content and optimising audience channels like SEO and social platforms. The department consists of:
- Brand hubs – set the strategy for our brands and are responsible for ensuring they achieve commercial targets
- The Content team - responsible for producing content and ensuring it is of the highest quality on all of our sites and ensuring they meet their organic traffic and revenue targets
- The SEO team - responsible for setting SEO strategy and for implementing technical SEO changes on all of our websites. They are also responsible for delivering industry-leading link building campaigns.
As Editor, you’ll lead the development of your brand by building its reputation and profile in the market, generating and publishing creative content ideas and shaping and executing a successful strategy.
With a track record of successful audience development in B2B or B2C markets, you’ll have experience in leading an editorial team as well as working effectively with key stakeholders in commercial, marketing, product and tech teams.
You are accountable for growing website visitors and engagement among our target audience and driving commercial growth from our lead generation and affiliate business models.
- Develop a deep understanding of the target audience and market trends
- Create an editorial strategy that caters for audience needs and supports our business growth objectives
- Collaborate with other leaders and functional teams (Content, SEO, CRO & Tech) to deliver and communicate your brand roadmap
- Contribute ideas to Publishing’s technical roadmap
Leadership and Management
- Ensure relevant teams understand and support brand and content strategy
- Lead, manage and motivate the editorial team, setting clear goals and objectives
- Contribute to a strong, positive culture at MVF to attract, motivate, develop and retain talent
- Drive momentum across teams and projects and facilitate clear communication between contributors
- Represent the brand internally and externally through media and live events
- Overall responsibility for content strategy and pipeline
- Create and commission briefs for new articles, updates and re-writes for
the content team to deliver as appropriate
- Monitor performance and progress of initiatives
- Responsibility for traffic and conversion performance
- Monthly reporting on team activity and brand performance
- Submit initiatives and timelines to functional teams to ensure adequate resource allocation including technical bugs/feature requests
- Work with the UX and Design teams to create innovative page designs that improve user experience and have a positive impact on
- Contribute to specific cross-brand and functional initiatives and projects
Skills & Experience
- Leadership experience as an Editor, Deputy Editor or Senior Editor
- Demonstrable experience of building audience on a digital platforms
- Strong understanding of SEO
- Social media strategy and audience development experience
- Good working knowledge of Google Analytics and relevant search/analytics tools
- Great communicator
What Success Looks Like:
- Content strategy drives growth in high value, relevant traffic
- Performance meets or exceeds targets
- Strategy that supports delivery of commercial results
- Compelling vision for the development of the brand
- Most effective levers to accelerate performance identified and actioned
- Brand hub is motivated and output is maximised
Our Ideal MVFer:
- Commercially astute
- Content strategy experience, with significant time in a leadership role
- Track record of developing innovative original content
- Experience managing a website and growing organic traffic and revenue
- Deep understanding of many types of content - product reviews, how-to guides, breaking news, features, investigative, trends etc.
- A good understanding of organic search, email and social media strategy
- Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively - and successfully - across departments, including Product & Tech, Data, Sales, Marketing, Outreach & PR
- Acting as a brand evangelist who understands the mission and core values of MVF and is able to represent sites across TV, digital, radio, and other public forums
- Ability to interpret data, audience insights and analytics to inform coverage decisions and meet goals
- Highly driven and motivated