The Analytical Engineering team is responsible for defining and building MVF’s core data models, providing the foundation for analysts to extract insights. This is a brand new team using great tools (dbt, Snowflake, BigQuery, Fivetran, Looker). At MVF, we have analysts embedded in functional teams as well as a centralised analytics team. As a Lead Analytics Engineer, you’ll lead the team enabling all analysts to succeed by ensuring they have access to relevant and accurate data.
What you’ll do
- Lead our analytical engineering team from a technical perspective.
- Gain a high level understanding of data at MVF, before building a roadmap of data modelling requirements. Liaise with stakeholders to set priorities.
- Evaluate our current data tooling stack, making recommendations where we could better utilise tools/tool combinations
- Own our Looker set-up, ensuring it is efficient and manageable
- Be an advocate for data within MVF; raise awareness of the data we have available which is under-utilised, and coach analysts on best practices
- Work with tool providers and internal stakeholders to optimise costs
- Drive best practices for MVF’s data documentation
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience in building data models and conducting analyses
- Strong SQL skills and experience with databases like Redshift, Snowflake, Big Query, Postgres or similar
- Keen to coach and develop junior analysts in the team
- Experience with LookML or other self-serve technologies
- Experience of working with dbt, GIT and the command line
- (Desirable) Knowledge of Airflow and/or Python
This is a wishlist; if you don't meet all of the above, we would still love to hear from you
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 40 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world-class teams. We want you to help us get there! #IND1