The PR and Communications team is a small but dynamic team of creative communications professionals. With a growing and important workload we work effectively and collaboratively to deliver a diverse array of projects for teams all over the business. We enjoy working with others, helping to reach shared aims and combining strategic thinking with creative flair to deliver against commercial objectives.
This is an exciting role devising, compiling and outreaching digital PR stories for MVF’s key publishing brands including Startups.co.uk, MoveHub.com and Websitebuilderexpert.com.
Reporting into the Director of PR and Communications, you will come up with exciting news stories for our brands and work with the editorial teams to put the data and hooks together before pitching to media - as well as promoting our seasonal awards such as the Startups 100.
With a track record of securing high value coverage and links with digital PR stories, you will be responsible for securing a high volume of coverage that raises the brand’s profile and boosts our online presence each month.
The role offers creative freedom and the chance to develop exciting campaigns for some top brands whilst working with our fantastic editorial teams.
You will also be responsible for acting on any inbound PR requests and spotting reactive ways to get our brands into the media.
The right candidate will be passionate about the media, great at telling stories, results driven, and good at building relationships with new people.
- Deliver coverage and links each month for brands as prioritised by the publishing team leadership
- Devise stream of newsworthy and appropriate campaigns for our Publishing brands
- Compile data and assets that engage key media and represent our brands effectively
- Identify and pitch stories to relevant media outlets
- Respond to inbound media requests and spot reactive opportunities to provide comments and quotes from our brands on topical issues
- Build and maintain relationships with key journalists
- Monitor and report on PR coverage to relevant stakeholders
What Success Looks Like:
- Minimum of two campaigns being run each month
- Hitting targets for links and coverage and reporting on KPIs to stakeholders each month
- Up to date and relevant press lists across sectors
- Growing bank of ideas for each of our brands ready to be outreached
- Increasing presence in key publications for publishing brands
- A growing profile for editors and spokespeople
Our Ideal MVFer:
- Creative digital PR with experience using clever content to generate media attention and links
- Independent worker who is happy to lead on projects but also work collaboratively with other teams to deliver campaigns
- Enthusiastic PR professional who enjoys securing coverage and beating KPIs
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and so we’re very proud to have been named the number 1 place to work in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List 2020. We are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better environment for all our people.
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do; from who we hire, to the work we do, to which businesses we partner with.
We don’t just talk about our values, we live them:
- Drive to be world class
- Work smart & deliver fast
- Love innovation
- Help others succeed
- Earn trust
- Inspire positivity
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 40 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world-class teams. We want you to help us get there! #IND1