Business Development Specialist (KBDS)
This role will work closely with the Sales Manager, Head of Sales, Managing Director, Marketing Operations and be able to show leadership to the wider sales team through knowledge-sharing.
You will be focussed on closing, onboarding and ensuring successful trials and subsequent growth of MVF’s biggest opportunities. Along with your manager, MarOps team and the SDRs, you will develop the strategy to target key decision makers and closing these prospects. You will be accountable for hitting New Business KPIs, ensuring high revenue retention after trial and growing your portfolio of clients.
You will develop expert level product knowledge in the verticals you sell, and be a thought leader in both closing new business and expanding your existing portfolio. You will have access to sell an approved list of new verticals before they have been officially handed over to the wider sales team.
This role puts you at the forefront of our MVF vision and a key part of achieving our growth goals.
Our ideal MVFer:
- Must have a “hunter” mentality and be able to prospect into new accounts
- Experience in strategic outreach to large businesses strongly preferred
- 3-4+ years experience in a closing role selling solutions or services (having sold to marketing and sales decision maker roles is a plus)
- Experience with a CRM
- Startup DNA/attitude
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding goals consistently
- Experience in account management preferred but not required
- Excellent communication, collaboration and influencing skills
- Proven track record of successful negotiation internally and externally
- Researching and building a pipeline of multinational clients
- (Both individually and with SDRs) creating strategic outreach, closing, onboarding and scaling the biggest opportunities for MVF
- Ability to spot & launch business opportunities across different verticals and countries
- Strategic Lead or key responsibility on categories you work in
- Communicate with MVF Marketing Operations in order to set marketing campaigns live, and subsequently conduct onboarding processes
- Manage and provide full support for every account in your portfolio
- Building close relationships with our technology, legal, finance, leadership and digital marketing teams
- Bring your strategies and ideas to advance our company's values and vision for the future
What success looks like:
- Achieve “Sales Score” target consistently
- Have a combination of net new business, account growth in-line with or better than the best in the business
- Prove ability to break into new markets and territories on a consistent basis
- Minimise churned accounts
- Fully exhibit MVF’s six values
About the team:
The Business Development Team works with fast-growing businesses in both the B2B and B2C sectors. We operate in over 120 countries and help over 1,000 clients expand into new markets and territories every month. Because our service has such transparent ROI, we work closely with our partners to build them a profitable and scalable channel of new customers. We continue to consult closely with our clients to help improve close rates and support their teams to make sure they get the most from our leads.
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 40 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world-class teams. We want you to help us get there! #IND1
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and so we’re very proud to have been the number 1 best place to work UK-wide in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List 2020, and we are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better environment for all our people.
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do; from who we hire, to the work we do, to which businesses we partner with.
We don’t just talk about our values, we live them:
- Drive to be world-class
- Work smart & deliver fast
- Love innovation
- Help others succeed
- Earn trust
- Inspire positivity