MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
MVF topped the Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing tech/media company in the UK, and we’ve been winning awards ever since; whether for growth, for excellence in marketing, or for innovation in other fields. At present, MVF is made up of 500+ amazing people in the UK and USA, and we’ll soon be launching our third regional office, this time in the APAC region.
Our focus on proprietary technology and multi-channel marketing expertise allows clients an unparalleled reach into new markets and channels, delivering engaged customers in real-time to fuel sustainable growth for some of the world’s most ambitious businesses.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. We want you to help us get there!
Company culture is very important to us, and so we’re very proud to have been named the number 1 place to work in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List 2020. We are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better environment for all our people.
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do; from who we hire, to the work we do, to which businesses we partner with.
We don’t just talk about our values, we live them:
- Drive to be world class
- Work smart & deliver fast
- Love innovation
- Help others succeed
- Earn trust
- Inspire positivity
The Publishing team is responsible for MVF’s digital brands and is tasked with growing and engaging relevant audiences through brilliant content and optimising audience channels like SEO and social platforms. The department consists of:
- Brand hubs – set the strategy for our brands and are responsible for ensuring they achieve commercial targets
- Content team - responsible for producing content and ensuring it is of the highest quality on all of our sites and ensuring they meet their organic traffic and revenue targets
- Audience team - responsible for delivery audience development strategies to grow the traffic and leads on MVF’s brands. The team comprises Commercial Content Editors, and SEO and Campaigns (link acquisition) teams.
We are looking for a Content Director to transform the way we produce content for our specialist brands.
The Content Director will be responsible for shaping and communicating a strategy that will increase the volume and variety of engaging content for our owned and operated brands.
In this key leadership role, the job holder will need to work alongside MVF’s Editors and the Audience Development Director, to develop and deliver brand plans and content strategies. As such, previous experience from a leadership position in digital content and a record of delivering growth from B2B or B2C audiences is essential.
As a senior leader in the Publishing team, the Content Director will be tasked with building a winning team by identifying and nurturing talent and through great communication and attentive coaching.
- Lead MVF’s Brand Hubs and Content Team
- Accountable for the creation of brand and content strategy at MVF
- Demonstrate the ability to drive long-term growth to enable MVF to accelerate investment in Publishing
- Management responsibility for MVF Editors
- Ensure content creation and production process adheres to best practice
- Develop audience-centric content strategies designed for growth
- Evaluate and set appropriate performance benchmarks for content output and content quality
- Develop ambitious and skilled team capable of delivering growth
- Coach and mentor managers in the Brands and Content Team
- Lead initiatives across the team and more widely in MVF including the development of new content formats
- Contribute to business plans for brand development and M&A as required
- Build a robust set of KPIs for the Brand Hubs and Content Team that provide insight into performance and trends
- Accountable for Publishing-wide content planning and briefing processes
- Responsible for setting and maintaining development pathways for editorial staff
Skills & Experience
- Strong leadership skills, able to inspire and motivate a team, and experience of developing a stable, high-performing team
- Experience leading a large team in a B2B or B2C media environment as Editor, Content Director or Head of Content
- Demonstrable success at rapid audience development and growth from SEO, social media platforms and email
- In-depth understanding of the digital content creation, formats, production, distribution and optimisation
- Resilient and able to flex approach and priorities based on business need
- Effective communicator with an ability to communicate complex messages clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences and formats
- Ability to build and nurture trusted relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Strategic thinker with a bias to action
- Previous experience launching brands, new products or services
What Success Looks Like
- Clearly communicated, effective brand and content strategies
- Content Team understands the strategy and why it’s valuable
- Strong audience and engagement growth across the portfolio of brands
- Positive and engaged team that operates effectively with other functions and teams at MVF
- Flagship content initiatives delivered that support our strategy
- Excellent and productive working relationships with other members of the Publishing leadership and management team, as well as other leaders at MVF