MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
MVF topped the Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing tech/media company in the UK, and we’ve been winning awards ever since; whether for growth, for excellence in marketing, or for innovation in other fields. At present, MVF is made up of 500+ amazing people in the UK and USA, and we’ll soon be launching our third regional office, this time in the APAC region.
Our focus on proprietary technology and multi-channel marketing expertise allows clients an unparalleled reach into new markets and channels, delivering engaged customers in real-time to fuel sustainable growth for some of the world’s most ambitious businesses.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. We want you to help us get there!
Company culture is very important to us, and so we’re very proud to have been named the number 1 place to work in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List 2020. We are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better environment for all our people.
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do; from who we hire, to the work we do, to which businesses we partner with.
We don’t just talk about our values, we live them:
- Drive to be world class
- Work smart & deliver fast
- Love innovation
- Help others succeed
- Earn trust
- Inspire positivity
The Publishing team is responsible for MVF’s digital brands and is tasked with growing and engaging relevant audiences through brilliant content and optimising audience channels like SEO and social platforms. The department consists of:
- Brand hubs – set the strategy for our brands and are responsible for ensuring they achieve commercial targets
- Content team - responsible for producing content and ensuring it is of the highest quality on all of our sites and ensuring they meet their organic traffic and revenue targets
- Audience team - responsible for delivery audience development strategies to grow the traffic and leads on MVF’s brands. The team comprises Commercial Content Editors, and SEO and Campaigns (link acquisition) teams.
As Head of Audience Development, you’ll be responsible for spearheading audience growth across MVF’s owned and operated brands. You’ll be instrumental in delivering significant change and growth in the coming years.
With a track record of growing audiences successfully on B2C or B2B media brands, you’ll know how to build an understanding of users and how best to reach and retain them. You’ll be the authority in audience development at MVF and be able to quickly identify the right tactics to build sessions and leads across our portfolio of brands.
- Own the creation and implementation of successful multi-channel audience development strategy for MVF brands including search, email and social platforms
- Collaborate with other leaders and functional teams (Product, Content, SEO and CRO) to deliver and communicate the Audience Development roadmap
- Develop retention strategies aimed at growing registered users and repeat visits
Leadership and Management
- Ensure all relevant teams understand and buy-in to the audience development strategy
- Work with peers on the Publishing leadership team to implement your strategy
- Lead and motivate a team of audience specialists including the Head of SEO and Insight Manager
- Contribute to a strong, positive culture at MVF to attract, motivate, develop and retain a talented team
- Drive momentum across teams and projects and facilitate clear communication between contributors
- Responsible for setting and maintaining development pathways for SEO and Insight staff
- Accountable for increasing reach (sessions) and leads from MVF Publishing from all channels
- Overall responsibility for audience development roadmap
- Monitor performance and progress of initiatives
- Monthly reporting on team activity and performance against initiatives
- Contribute to specific cross-brand and functional initiatives and projects
Skills & Experience
- 8+ years relevant organic marketing experience
- Success in building organic, social and/or email traffic to a brand or portfolio
- Strong understanding of SEO and the latest trends
- Excellent working knowledge of Google Analytics and relevant search/analytics tools
- People management
What Success Looks Like:
- Rapid growth in sessions and leads
- Highly optimised platform for search engines
- Use of a range of audience acquisition channels
- Strong commercial content pipeline for editorial teams
- Development of personalisation and CRM strategy to drive retention
- Established programme for link acquisition on priority brands