MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
MVF topped the Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing tech/media company in the UK, and we’ve been winning awards ever since; whether for growth, for excellence in marketing, or for innovation in other fields. At present, MVF is made up of 500+ amazing people in the UK and USA, and we’ll soon be launching our third regional office, this time in the APAC region.
Our focus on proprietary technology and multi-channel marketing expertise allows clients an unparalleled reach into new markets and channels, delivering engaged customers in real-time to fuel sustainable growth for some of the world’s most ambitious businesses.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. We want you to help us get there!
Company culture is very important to us, and so we’re very proud to have been named the number 1 place to work in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List 2020. We are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better environment for all our people.
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do; from who we hire, to the work we do, to which businesses we partner with.
We don’t just talk about our values, we live them:
- Drive to be world class
- Work smart & deliver fast
- Love innovation
- Help others succeed
- Earn trust
- Inspire positivity
The Publishing team is responsible for MVF’s digital brands and is tasked with growing and engaging relevant audiences through brilliant content and optimising audience channels like SEO and social platforms. The department consists of:
- Brand hubs – set the strategy for our brands and are responsible for ensuring they achieve commercial targets
- Content team - responsible for producing content and ensuring it is of the highest quality on all of our sites and ensuring they meet their organic traffic and revenue targets
- Audience team - responsible for delivery audience development strategies to grow the traffic and leads on MVF’s brands. The team comprises of our Insight team, SEO and Campaigns (link acquisition) teams.
We’re on a mission to provide trusted content that helps people make confident decisions about the products and services they should buy.
As one of three Commercial Content Editors, you’ll be responsible for planning, briefing and editing high-performing, engaging content that helps us achieve that goal.
Working with MVF’s trading hubs, with a focus on Business Services, Business Software or Website Building, you’ll work alongside our SEO team to create a content plan to maximise traffic and successful customer outcomes. #IND1
You’ll be aided by our research team who will provide detail of the range and features of products and services available in your sector as well as key audience insight.
As Commercial Content Editor, you will need to bring this information together to create razor-sharp briefs for writers on our four brand websites - Expert Market, Startups.co.uk, Tech.co and Website Builder Expert.
As well as commissioning new content, a key part of the role will be to monitor the performance of your content across the brand sites, identifying new opportunities and making improvements and updates to improve traffic and conversions.
- Responsible for growing traffic and and leads from commercial content for either Business Services, Business Software or Website Building across MVF brands
- Analysing sub categories for your allocated trading hub to identify opportunities for improvement and optimisation
- Liaise with MVF’s trading hubs to report on performance and identify new opportunities for commercial content
- Work with the research team to gain deep knowledge of the audiences, products and services for your area
- Work with the SEO team and data from STAT and other tools to create a content plan and pipeline
- Create and commission briefs for new articles and re-writes for writers
- Edit new and existing content to optimise for search engines and to drive conversions
- Liaise with brand Editors to ensure optimal content output and support from the writing teams
- Provide regular updates on sub-cat performance for Publishing leadership, Commercial Heads and other teams
Skills & Experience
- Strong digital media experience, understanding at a top level how to create content that drives engagement and traffic
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with the ability to write concise editorial briefs
- Experience of producing and editing in B2B content that meets high editorial standards.
- Good project management skills
- Experience of using, interpreting and presenting data from analytics and visualisation tools
- Demonstrable success in building traffic for commercial content
- Good understanding of SEO and social media trends
- Excellent organisational and influencing skills
- Experience producing content across video and social media platforms would be an advantage
What Success Looks Like:
- Growing sessions and leads for target sub-categories (subject areas)
- Ability to interpret data and reporting to improve and communicate of commercial content performance
- Strong working relationships with relevant commercial trading hubs and brand Editors
- Strong pipeline of data and insight-led content briefs for writing teams
- Deep understanding of target audiences for brands