Come Join Us
We have an opportunity for an experienced website Editor to join one of our most exciting publishing brands on a six month contract.
The Editor will be responsible for setting team priorities for topical and advice guide content publishing. The Editor will take responsibility for running a pipeline of relevant content for the audience of Startups.co.uk, one of the UK’s leading websites for small businesses and would-be startups looking for inspiration and how-to guidance.
Working with our in-house team, the Editor will commission, schedule and edit content that meets the needs of our audience. They will also work with other Editors from our commercial functions to agree a pipeline of content for the website, and ensure an appropriate balance of commercial and topical content for Startups.co.uk.
What We're Offering You
- Hybrid working (2 days per week remote) - for the right person we would consider fully remote
- Flexible working hours
- £1000 per year to spend on professional development (pro-rated)
- Pension and salary sacrifice scheme
- Be Well: A programme to support the wellbeing of all MVFers and their families
- Free lunch when in the office
- Company off-sites and holiday incentives (Ibiza is our usual choice of destination!)
- A plethora of free health & wellbeing clubs that include yoga, pilates football, ultimate frisbee, book club, boxing, personal training, spinning, dine & draw - we have been running these remotely so you can still get involved!
What You'll Be Doing
- Line management of a Content Manager, who in turn manages the writing team
- Oversight of the brand’s content delivery and deadlines via our scheduling system
- Working within Wordpress to edit, preview and publish articles
- Use of social media channels to promote the brand and its content
- Provide feedback, support and guidance to writers as well as copy edits of writer articles
- Ensure brand guidelines, style and tone of voice are consistently applied across articles
- Share examples of world class copywriting and content with the team
- Coordinate with Commercial Content Editors to agree a pipeline of monetised articles for the site
- Work with other Editors in the Publishing team to coordinate shared initiatives and priorities across our websites and department
The Publishing team is responsible for all of MVF’s websites and is tasked with making sure they are all operating at a world class standard in terms of quality and performance. The department consists of:
- Vertical brand hubs – Set the strategy for our brands and are responsible for ensuring they achieve commercial targets.
- The Content team - responsible for the production of all of our content and assuring it is of the highest quality on all of our sites and ensuring they meet their organic traffic and revenue targets.
- The SEO and Campaigns team - is responsible for setting SEO strategy, and for implementing technical SEO changes on all of our websites and securing a high value links.
- The PR & Outreach team - responsible for setting a world class outreach strategy and securing high value links and coverage for our websites.
MVF was started in 2009 by 5 friends with the sole aim of transforming how businesses find new customers (in a nutshell, customer generation). We believe in growth - not just growth for our clients, but growth for MVF and the amazing people that make us who we are. To help accelerate this growth, we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
Diversity & Inclusion are more than just words at MVF. They’re guiding principles that underpin how we build our teams, develop our future leaders and create an ambitious company that reflects our global users, clients and partners.
We’re also committed to providing adjustments to those who may need them in the recruitment process. If you consider yourself someone who may need adjustments, please let your contact in the Talent Team know or contact the Chair of our Neurodiversity Network, Chaz at email@example.com.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in please apply today.