Come Join Us
The Publishing Tech team is made up of 11 wonderfully skilled individuals ranging from; Front End and Backend Engineers, to QA and an Engineering Manager. We’re a diverse team and come from all over the world: Spain, Slovakia, Ukraine, Italy, UK and Serbia. We welcome everyone and are proud of our inclusive culture.
Our team is broken down into smaller pods of 3 engineers; the majority of your work will be in your pod but we regularly collaborate across-pods. We work hard and we love to share our knowledge - that’s why we have our regular WP Guild sessions where we bring new ideas to the table, discuss them, implement and move onto the next great thing on our roadmap.
We also love to relax and celebrate our success, so when things go “back to normal” you might get loads of invites for lunches and/or after work catch ups over a drink or a stroll around our brand new office.
What We're Offering You
- Only 2 days per month in the office
- Flexible working hours
- £1000 per year to spend on professional development
- Pension and salary sacrifice scheme
- Be Well: A programme to support the wellbeing of all MVFers and their families
- Free lunch when in the office
- Company off-sites and holiday incentives (Ibiza is our usual choice of destination!)
- A plethora of free health & wellbeing clubs that include yoga, pilates football, ultimate frisbee, book club, boxing, personal training, spinning, dine & draw - we have been running these remotely so you can still get involved!
Requirements For The Role
You will be closely working with our agile teams and building custom Plugins to extend the functionality of our existing websites and provide new solutions to be re-used across our portfolio of sites and platforms.
You will also have the pleasure of building WordPress Themes from scratch as part of our rebranding efforts across the business. We are looking for a proactive self-starter who is able to take the lead on projects.
You will be working on our constantly growing portfolio of SEO websites that are built with WordPress. You can expect to be fully involved in the team from the start; including participating in daily stand-ups and code reviews.
You will provide insight into the delivery of current and upcoming sprints and participate in all Agile scenarios such as: planning, demo, retro, reviews and refinement sessions. By the end of your first week you will have submitted your first pull request, successfully passed the code review process and put your first changes into production.
We don’t have external clients. We work with our colleagues all over the business but mainly the Product Owners and stakeholders from the Publishing Team.
You present solutions rather than problems. You are energised by implementing new technologies but you’re also OK with supporting older projects and maintaining and contributing to a healthy code base.
You are careful with what you commit to the code base and you make sure everything is properly tested before submitting a pull request.
You love to learn new things and appropriately use your yearly training budget to upskill and balance out team knowledge. You also find ways to share your knowledge with others and are happy to mentor more junior team mates.
You communicate clearly with non-technical stakeholders about your work and progress during daily standups. You lead the way by identifying, sharing and championing best practices. You’ll also join the rest of our team in contributing to the documentation.
You are passionate about the site speed and page load optimisation and the techniques that go along with it. You demonstrate a strong understanding of Google’s Core Web Vitals and produce code solutions to excel WordPress website against LightHouse core metrics.
We encourage everyone to apply even if you don’t “tick all the boxes”. However, we would expect you to have the majority of skills to match the seniority level we’re looking for in this role.
- You write excellent/fluent OO PHP on a daily basis.
- Use and configure preprocessors such as Gulp.
- Understand the concept of WordPress shortcodes and plugin structure.
- Feel comfortable with Multisite Network management.
- Debug problems with existing WordPress plugins and setups.
- Write unit tests.
- Diagnose server and caching issues (AWS, Memcached, Fastly).
- You know Docker configuration and can contribute to custom images.
- Demonstrate proven experience of sitebuilding using the latest technologies.
- Have a good understanding of Web Accessibility.
- You have a strong experience using GIT version control and basic usage of SSH and command line.
- Experienced with site migrations, ie: Drupal to WordPress.
- Take ownership of tasks and drive them through to delivery.
- Solicit regular feedback from others and show eagerness to improve.
- Give feedback to others and are recognised by contributing to a healthy team atmosphere.
- Want to be part of our MVF culture and hold the same values.
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
We help people navigate complex buying decisions, driving more sales globally than anyone else. For our customers, this means they can trust our brands again and again to help them buy from suitable clients. For our clients, this means they rely on us to bring them unrivalled numbers of new customers who are prepared and ready to buy.
We want you to be a part of our success!
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in please apply today.
At MVF, we want to help others succeed.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are the foundation for MVF to build, promote and sustain a culture of trust, safety, growth and belonging where everyone can thrive. Our DEI guiding principles underpin how we build our teams, develop our talent, provide a fair working environment and create an ambitious company that reflects the diversity of our employees, customers, clients and partners, globally.
At MVF, we encourage the formation of employee led networks in order to bring employees with a shared interest together to advance diversity, equity and inclusion at MVF, whether as a member of a diverse community, or as an ally. We currently have three networks: LEEP (Lived Experience of Ethnic People), LGBTQ+ and Womens Network who all provide support, raise awareness, advance MVF’s DEI approach, commitments and objectives, develop communication, learning programmes and initiatives that lead to greater inclusion and belonging for all MVFers.
We’re committed to providing adjustments to those who may need them during the recruitment process. If you consider yourself someone who may need adjustments, please let your contact in the Talent Team know.
We are diverse by nature, but inclusive by choice.