Working in one of publishing’s vertical brand hubs as a dedicated SEO resource, the SEO Manager is responsible for development and implementation of on-site and off-site SEO best practice, development of team workflows and processes and line-management of SEO resources deployed across other brand hubs.
Collaborating with all teams within the Publishing department, the SEO Manager will have a robust understanding of SEO and effectively use analysis and judgement to make complex decisions and clearly present these to senior stakeholders.
To be effective in this leadership role, the SEO Manager will be results-driven and have strong organisational and communication skills while supporting and motivating their team to ensure successful delivery of KPIs.
The Publishing team is responsible for all of MVF’s websites and is tasked with making sure they are all operating at a world class standard in terms of quality and performance. The department consists of:
- Vertical brand hubs – Set the strategy for our brands and are responsible for ensuring they achieve commercial targets
- The Content team - responsible for the production of all of our content and ensuring it is of the highest quality. on all of our sites and ensuring they meet their organic traffic and revenue targets
- The SEO team - responsible for setting on-site and off-site SEO strategy for our sites, for implementing technical SEO best practice and securing high value links and coverage for our websites.
- Develop and deliver the brand’s on-site SEO strategy
- Conduct content reviews and provide feedback to the Content team to ensure all website copy is optimised
- Surface SEO opportunities and communicate the impact of these to the brand Editor to assist with strategic planning
- Lead a World Class sub-team, managing SEO Executives
- Develop and improve team processes and workflows to build efficiencies and maximise effectiveness
- Develop team KPI frameworks and report on these to senior stakeholders
- Define and refine SEO best practice through R&D and testing of new initiatives and by keeping up to date with industry changes
- Conduct Technical SEO audits to ensure best SEO practice is applied to the website
- Support large scale technical SEO projects. E.g CMS migrations
- Coordinate cross-functionally and consult on SEO best practice to all teams within the Publishing department
- Present key information on website performance, team projects and the SEO landscape to senior stakeholders and the wider team
- Analyse competitors and evaluate strategies to determine strengths and weaknesses
- Deliver data analysis to provide insights that drive actionable outcomes and site diagnostic support through investigative analysis
- Create and deliver SEO training modules to team members within the Publishing department
What Success Looks Like:
- The website is optimised to a high standard and technically sound
- On-site SEO opportunities surfaced successfully improve organic search visibility
- Engaged and developing direct reports who are eager to learn, are delivering against defined objectives and hitting KPIs
- Team processes and workflows are developed and improved upon
- SEO projects are implemented successfully and delivered on time
- The team is actively testing and reporting on new SEO initiatives
- Competitors are analysed and the vertical brand hub has an understanding of their strengths and weaknesses
- Key stakeholders are up to date with key information on website performance, SEO projects and the impact expected as well as the SEO landscape and algorithm updates
- The team is routinely educated and kept up to date with industry developments and refined SEO best practices
MVF is one of the UK’s leading customer generation companies. We are a rapidly growing business – we topped the Sunday Times Tech Track, and since then grew 278% per annum before tripling in size again. We now employ over 350 staff in the UK and USA, and conduct marketing activities in more than 120 countries.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams.
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and that is why we were voted in the top 6 places to work in the Sunday Times Best Companies List 2017, and why we are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better place to work. As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do, ensuring all of our teams are driving to be world class, constantly innovating and inspiring positivity in their colleagues. We don’t just talk about our values, we live them.
- Drives to be World Class
- Works Smart and Delivers Fast
- Loves Innovation
- Helps Other Succeed
- Earns Trust
- Inspires Positivity