Come Join Us
MVF’s Technology team vision is to create the world's leading digital marketing platform that drives long-term client growth, and as a technology and data driven business we recognise the key role outstanding engineers play in helping us achieve it.
We expect much of MVF’s growth to come from great ideas our team members generate, with our collaborative approach accelerating their delivery. We strongly believe it is our team that can deliver this impact.
The engineering team delivers the unique set of bespoke products which have contributed to MVF being recently recognised as the UK's Fastest Growing Tech Firm.
What We're Offering You
- Only 2 days per month in the office
- Flexible working hours
- £1000 per year to spend on professional development
- Pension and salary sacrifice scheme
- Be Well: A programme to support the wellbeing of all MVFers and their families
- Free lunch when in the office
- Company off-sites and holiday incentives (Ibiza is our usual choice of destination!)
- A plethora of free health & wellbeing clubs that include yoga, pilates football, ultimate frisbee, book club, boxing, personal training, spinning, dine & draw - we have been running these remotely so you can still get involved!
Requirements For The Role
As an engineering manager, your primary responsibilities are to foster an environment where high performing teams emerge and succeed and ensure your team brings about measurable business impact through their engineering efforts.
- You’ll hire, onboard and train top quality engineers.
- You’ll make sure engineers are happy, have objectives to achieve and guide them through their career development.
- You’ll celebrate successes and ensure low performance is managed correctly.
- You’ll make sure your team understand the “why”, motivate them, make sure they are free from impediments and cultivate a culture of continuous improvement.
- You’ll effectively balance the speed of delivery and quality of the solutions.
- You’ll use Lean and Agile best practices to make delivery excellence a cornerstone of the team, run agile ceremonies and keep the business informed as to expected delivery windows.
- You’ll understand MVF’s strategy and work on ensuring alignment within your team. You’ll make sure incidents are handled in the appropriate way and stakeholders are kept updated.
- You’ll make sure the team has a clear platform and data engineering roadmap.
- Define the short and long term platform and data engineering roadmap and vision in collaboration with your team and the rest of the tech team
- Line manage up to 7 engineers against our management framework
- Train and coach others in the department to become team leads and tech leads
- Work with our People Team to grow the cross functional team of engineers
- Create a learning environment
- Mentor and coach engineers to become more effective through 1:1s, objectives setting and growth conversations
- Help improve our lean and agile development processes
- Coach the team to lead daily stand-ups, planning sessions and retrospectives
- Total ownership of team cycle times, throughput, defect rates and other KPIs listed below
- Communicate with Business Owners, Product Managers, Stakeholder and other engineers on development progress
- Deliver, from concept to support, measurable business value through your team’s engineering effort.
- Communicate progress within the team, spot issues as they arise and facilitate solutions to these
- Effectively manage platform costs (e.g. AWS, Datadog, ...)
- Ensure the team develops and maintains effective communication skills
- Offer the team hands-on support and guidance where necessary
- Hands-on development when appropriate
What Success Looks Like:
- Clear platform and data engineering roadmap
- The cross functional team understand their ownership and commitment to delivery.
- Delivery metrics are consistent and predictable
- Engineers have a clear career progression plan, are supported through this and gain promotion to the next level
- Stakeholders are content with the quality of the solutions and the level of service provided
- Team cycle time, throughput and defect rate is captured and a process to actively affect it implemented
- Engineering can hire quality staff on-demand
- Engineering teams have a high level of job satisfaction
- Solutions are developed with high levels of quality in mind and conform to best practice
- Platform costs are managed appropriately and are clear and transparent to the rest of the tech team
How We Measure This Success (KPIs)
- Probation, Retention and promotion rates
- Stakeholder NPS
- Cycle time
- Defect rate
- Incident rate
- Test code coverage rate
MVF was started in 2009 by 5 friends with the sole aim of transforming how businesses find new customers (in a nutshell, customer generation). We believe in growth - not just growth for our clients, but growth for MVF and the amazing people that make us who we are. To help accelerate this growth, we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
Diversity & Inclusion are more than just words at MVF. They’re guiding principles that underpin how we build our teams, develop our future leaders and create an ambitious company that reflects our global users, clients and partners.
We’re also committed to providing adjustments to those who may need them in the recruitment process. If you consider yourself someone who may need adjustments, please let your contact in the Talent Team know or contact the Chair of our Neurodiversity Network, Chaz at email@example.com.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in please apply today.
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
We help people navigate complex buying decisions, driving more sales globally than anyone else. For our customers, this means they can trust our brands again and again to help them buy from suitable clients. For our clients, this means they rely on us to bring them unrivalled numbers of new customers who are prepared and ready to buy.
We want you to be a part of our success!
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in please apply today.
At MVF, we want to help others succeed.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are the foundation for MVF to build, promote and sustain a culture of trust, safety, growth and belonging where everyone can thrive. Our DEI guiding principles underpin how we build our teams, develop our talent, provide a fair working environment and create an ambitious company that reflects the diversity of our employees, customers, clients and partners, globally.
At MVF, we encourage the formation of employee led networks in order to bring employees with a shared interest together to advance diversity, equity and inclusion at MVF, whether as a member of a diverse community, or as an ally. We currently have three networks: LEEP (Lived Experience of Ethnic People), LGBTQ+ and Womens Network who all provide support, raise awareness, advance MVF’s DEI approach, commitments and objectives, develop communication, learning programmes and initiatives that lead to greater inclusion and belonging for all MVFers.
We’re committed to providing adjustments to those who may need them during the recruitment process. If you consider yourself someone who may need adjustments, please let your contact in the Talent Team know.
We are diverse by nature, but inclusive by choice.