In this role, you will be working closely with the Insight Manager to support editorial, marketing and commercial functions with expert knowledge regards key markets, and core audiences. As a team, we're fundamentally responsible for helping the wider business to understand our audiences and research the products and services featured on our websites.
You will be here to execute a range of research projects, using both quantitative and qualitative methodologies. Whether this be exploring user attitudes towards products and their utility within the market via needs, usage and attitude analysis. Spending time monitoring marketplaces via market size and structure analysis. Or setting out to help build clear audience segmentations and product led understanding.
Key Duties Include:
- Managing a portfolio of research projects and designing and conducting qualitative and quantitative research programmes
- Management of- or assistance in management of- research projects throughout the project lifecycle, including commissioning, daily project management, analysis of results and presentation of findings.
- Develop clear presentations with actionable insights and communicating these effectively
- Keeping up to date with key market changes and competitor intelligence, to inform the business of key trends.
- Identify gaps in our audience understanding through customer research techniques, leveraging to aid strategic decision making, PR and campaign opportunities as well as editorial content planning.
- Strong experience within a research environment such as a research agency or another in-house research position focused on commercial research.
- Experience of carrying out both quantitative and qualitative research projects
- Able to communicate effectively with people who might have very little practical understanding of digital analytics, helping them to understand data and digital audiences.
- Able to run projects from start to finish in a self-sufficient manner (always knowing you have the support of your manager and team when needed)
- You’ll have great stakeholder engagement skills and experience of proactively pushing a research agenda to help inform decisions.
The Publishing team is responsible for all of MVF’s websites and is tasked with making sure they are all operating at a world class standard in terms of quality and performance. The department consists of:
- The Content team - including our vertical brands, the content team consists or Editors and writers who are responsible for the production of all of our content and ensuring it is of the highest quality.
- The Insight team - responsible for helping us understand our audiences and research into the products and services featured on our websites.
- The SEO team - responsible for setting on-site and off-site SEO strategy for our sites, for implementing technical SEO best practice and securing high value links and coverage for our websites.
What we're offering you
- Hybrid working (2 days per week remote)
- Flexible working hours
- £1000 per year to spend on professional development
- Life Insurance to protect your loved ones
- Pension and salary sacrifice scheme
- Be Well: A programme to support the wellbeing of all MVFers and their families
- Free breakfast when in the office
- Company off-sites and holiday incentives (Ibiza is our usual choice of destination!)
- A plethora of free health & wellbeing clubs that include yoga, pilates football, ultimate frisbee, book club, boxing, personal training, spinning, dine & draw - we have been running these remotely so you can still get involved!
What Success Looks Like:
- Trust in key subcategories and brand authority is built in via the means of product - lead research.
- Efficiency in content production is increased.
- Research projects are delivered on time and to agreed standards.
- Research projects’ success measures targets are achieved.
- Editors understand the research being completed, how the deliverables will be achieved and the impact it is expected to have.
- New research methodology opportunities are surfaced and successfully improve the range and quality of research delivered.
- Latest research industry trends and developments are communicated to the Publishing team.
Our Ideal MVFer:
- Passion to provide our users with the best possible search experience help publishing achieve expertise, authority and trust via the provision of original data and collated insight to forward that goal
- Working experience of research design
- Analytical and problem-solving attitude
- Good communication and organisational skills
MVF is one of the UK’s leading customer generation companies. We are a rapidly growing business – we topped the Sunday Times Tech Track, and since then grew 278% per annum before tripling in size again. We now employ more than 500 staff in the UK and USA, and conduct marketing activities in more than 120 countries.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams.
Our MVF Values
Company culture is very important to us, and so we’re very proud to have been named the number 1 place to work in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List 2020. We are constantly looking for ways to make MVF an even better environment for all our people.
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do, ensuring all of our teams are driving to be world class, constantly innovating and inspiring positivity in their colleagues. We don’t just talk about our values, we live them.
- Drives to be World Class
- Works Smart and Delivers Fast
- Loves Innovation
- Helps Other Succeed
- Earns Trust
- Inspires Positivity
MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 45 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people’s learning and development.
We help people navigate complex buying decisions, driving more sales globally than anyone else. For our customers, this means they can trust our brands again and again to help them buy from suitable clients. For our clients, this means they rely on us to bring them unrivalled numbers of new customers who are prepared and ready to buy.
We want you to be a part of our success!
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in please apply today.
At MVF, we want to help others succeed.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are the foundation for MVF to build, promote and sustain a culture of trust, safety, growth and belonging where everyone can thrive. Our DEI guiding principles underpin how we build our teams, develop our talent, provide a fair working environment and create an ambitious company that reflects the diversity of our employees, customers, clients and partners, globally.
At MVF, we encourage the formation of employee led networks in order to bring employees with a shared interest together to advance diversity, equity and inclusion at MVF, whether as a member of a diverse community, or as an ally. We currently have three networks: LEEP (Lived Experience of Ethnic People), LGBTQ+ and Womens Network who all provide support, raise awareness, advance MVF’s DEI approach, commitments and objectives, develop communication, learning programmes and initiatives that lead to greater inclusion and belonging for all MVFers.
We’re committed to providing adjustments to those who may need them during the recruitment process. If you consider yourself someone who may need adjustments, please let your contact in the Talent Team know.
We are diverse by nature, but inclusive by choice.